Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via AIM to emily3247 Send a message via Yahoo to emily3247
Default Skyword

Anyone working with Skyword now? How are their review times?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 12-13-2011, 02:59 PM
WAHM Regular

It seems to vary with their schedule or how much work hey have. I've had items reviewed in a few days and some sit there for a bit over a week. Once the article passes review, they credit the account for payment. Some of the programs offer performance bonuses on top of that, and those require publication. It can take a long time after review for items to be published (depending also on program).
Old 12-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via AIM to emily3247 Send a message via Yahoo to emily3247

Thanks.... do you know if they usually have a decent/steady amount of work?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:29 AM
WAHM Regular

I only write for the Bounty program, and so far there has always been plenty of work.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:18 AM
WAHM Regular

I was just coming here to ask the same question. I was just accepted to the Bounty program and I am super excited. Would you consider this a steady and reliable source of income?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:43 AM
WAHM Regular

I'd certainly consider it steady and reliable. I've been writing for them maybe 3 months and have not seen a time when the queue was empty.

I can't say what sort of max income you can make there, though, as I usually only write 10 to 15 of their articles per month. They don't put a max on how many you can write though.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:03 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yeah, the Pampers program may be different, but I never made more than $100 or so per month there. I don't know if there is a maximum amount, but they never had that many titles to choose from at once. I stopped writing there altogether because the edits they wanted me to make did not make sense, but even before I realized that, I could tell this would just be a little extra income, not really a main client. Bounty may be different, though.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the info, ladies. So far, I've written about 8 titles for Bounty, but only 1 has been accepted. I'm hoping that they are a little quicker -- I'm used to the old days of DMS, I guess. I really would like SOMETHING reliable! It's been a while and the bank account would really love to see the money start coming back in again.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes, the don't review super quick, but I've never had any held over for another pay period. Also, if you just wrote them recently, it may be a lag due to the fact that they just had a big publishing push.

For sites that have quick review times and pay weekly, you could try Need an Article, TCA or Textbroker. All very reliable as well (although you may have to "work your way up" to the higher paying jobs).

Thanks,
S
Old 12-15-2011, 07:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Again, thanks for this info. I have no luck with TB. I applied at NAA, but haven't heard back. What is TCA? I'll check that out, for sure!

This ad will disappear if you login