Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Awesome WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 704
Default Why You Should Avoid Writing for or Buying from iWriter.com

Tiffany Dow just did a blog post on the whole Brad Callen / iWriter.com email fiasco, as well as why writers and marketers should avoid having anything to do with this content mill.

iWriter – Why Marketers and Freelancers Alike Should Avoid It

I love her honest opinion, and that she isn't afraid to call anyone out!
__________________
Basics4Bloggers.com - Get your Start in Blogging!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 296
Default

Well said, I completely agree with her. But honestly the email that went out didn't include any information we didn't already know. It's no surprise that employers who pay next to nothing intentionally exploit writers and laugh behind their backs about getting away with paying slave labor wages. That's why as much as I understand the "you gotta do what you gotta do" mentality and do not judge writers who take extremely low paying work, it pains me every time I read a post that supports these types of job offers.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2011, 08:02 AM
MalloryObKnoxious's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 452
Default

Ella, it's times like these that I wish there were a 'like' button on this forum.

Like.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalloryObKnoxious View Post
Ella, it's times like these that I wish there were a 'like' button on this forum.

Like.
I guess that makes two of us. I was hoping I would read something about this clusterf and glad Tiffany Dow tackled the subject.

Like.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecia08 View Post
Tiffany Dow just did a blog post on the whole Brad Callen / iWriter.com email fiasco, as well as why writers and marketers should avoid having anything to do with this content mill.

iWriter Why Marketers and Freelancers Alike Should Avoid It

I love her honest opinion, and that she isn't afraid to call anyone out!
Thank you for posting and linking this. Great blog post.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Jonelle's Avatar
Awesome WAHM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 962
Default

That is great. I love Tiffany Dow.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 270
Default

Me too. She's my favorite IM of all time for this very reason!

Like.
__________________
Writer's Site: Content by Nell
Freelance Writing/Marketing Blog: Housewife Empire
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2011, 01:02 PM
AG1976's Avatar
WAHM Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Posts: 1,721
Default

Great piece by Tiffany!

Callen sending that email to the writers was such an epic fail on his part...LOL.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Awesome WAHM
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 704
Default

Here is a Warrior Forum thread where he was promoting iWriter to writers on the forum.

Make $4.25+ per article you write! No limit! Write, and Make as much as you want each day! - Page 4

I replied to it today about his error, and he agreed that it was a mistake, but he gained so much new business from that error that it was apparently worth it. No ethics there.
__________________
Basics4Bloggers.com - Get your Start in Blogging!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecia08 View Post
Here is a Warrior Forum thread where he was promoting iWriter to writers on the forum.

Make $4.25+ per article you write! No limit! Write, and Make as much as you want each day! - Page 4

I replied to it today about his error, and he agreed that it was a mistake, but he gained so much new business from that error that it was apparently worth it. No ethics there.
That sucks. I'm glad I decided not to write for them. Hopefully when new iWriter threads pop up we can let the new people know it's not a good idea to go with them. I don't want to write for someone who has that mentality.
Reply With Quote
 
This ad will disappear if you login

Reply

Tags
brad callen, iwriter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off