Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile Anyone worked with WritersDomain.Net?

Hey ladies,

Came across this website in a Google search. Unfortunately, I can't try it out since it's only for US citizens. Anyone with experience writing for them?

https://www.writersdomain.net
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-10-2011, 03:43 AM
WAHM Addict

I applied but haven't done any work with them yet. Rates for 250 word articles are:

• $3 per article for a 2 or 3 star rating
  • $3.30 per article for a 4 or 5 star rating
On a whim I went in and looked at available articles today. I found one that I could write without research and did it this morning. I'm currently rated a 4, and this article came to 240 words, so it's not the worst pay out there. $3.30 for 240 words. But to make it worthwhile, you really need to find topics that you don't have to research.

Last edited by anng; 10-10-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:49 AM
WAHM Addict

Smile

Hi! I just started with WritersDomain as well. I haven't turned in any articles yet, but I'm working on a few topics.

Thanks for posting the pay rates, Anng! I couldn't find that info anywhere!

Blinky :-)
Old 10-11-2011, 03:00 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
Hi! I just started with WritersDomain as well. I haven't turned in any articles yet, but I'm working on a few topics.

Thanks for posting the pay rates, Anng! I couldn't find that info anywhere!

Blinky :-)
I can't even remember where I found it. When I went back in to look at the rate information again after doing my first article, I couldn't find anything other than you get $3 plus a bonus if your articles are well written.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:29 AM
WAHM Addict

So my article was returned for editing. The writing guideline that says "Don't fabricate company information" also means don't include company information at all.

In my case, the article was about "places to eat in..." and listed a specific city, so I listed restaurants with the highest ratings in Urbanspoon, Trip Advisor and Google. It was returned saying you can't include any company names. I just resubmitted it to the types of restaurants in that area, though that doesn't really fit the topic as well.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:35 AM
Awesome WAHM

So they want you to identify places to eat in a city, but name no names? That's insane.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:48 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgywriter View Post
So they want you to identify places to eat in a city, but name no names? That's insane.
That's what I thought. I went back through and watched their writer instruction videos and it does say not to make up business names or include websites and then quickly says not to mention businesses, so I guess the editor is right, but given the topic, I think it's odd.

But for anyone else that tries it, I know I saw other articles like "photographers in..." or a bunch about "Taxi services at ... airport" all with different airport codes. If you take those, DON'T mention company names or you'll end up having to rewrite.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks to anng for explaining that. By way of clarification, our writing is often for a client that may be less than happy if we mention a competitor to their restaurant/taxi service/insurance office.

I'm glad anng found the videos helpful. Let me know if I better clarify anything about what we're doing at WritersDomain.net. Feel free to reply or direct message me with your ideas or feedback.

This ad will disappear if you login