Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:34 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Writer Access Questions

How many assignments are usually available at any one time for level 4 writers?

And how long and after how many assignments did it take before you were pushed up to level 4? What are the assignment topics usually about, and are you happy with the amount of work available at level 4?

Also, have you ever let an article expire from your queue?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-01-2011, 12:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Just signed up

BUMP. I just got accepted after filling out their CRAZY application. You have to find samples from every area that you mark as having experience with. Then, as I am filling out my profile, I realize I have to find samples AGAIN for the areas... they didn't automatically fill in!! So much work!

I sent them an email telling them I could not find the "submit" button for the application and they said that until my profile is "up to par" the "submit" button will not be visible. They went on to explain that all the areas in red need to be filled out completely (apparently referring to finding samples for every area again).

Anyway, sorry so long. I am wondering about the work too because I don't want to take the time if it isn't worth it. Any advice or input would be awesome.

VeronicaM, How did you do on their writing test? I missed exactly 10... 34/44... Do you know if this is how they rate you?

Last edited by auggiesmom; 10-01-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: question
Old 10-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to cwilson26

I have been with them for over a year and have yet to write for them. They hardly ever have work and when they do it is not something I can write on. Hopefully someone else who has done work for them can come in and chime in but this has been my experience with them so far.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Wow, that is eyeopening, Cwilson. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:49 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Auggiesmom,

I already there, but I'm at level 3. I have a question about moving up to level 4.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:18 AM
WAHM Addict

I'm level 3, but I joined them before you had to take the writing test. WA is very hit or miss. The first couple of months, I couldn't find enough work with them to reach their required $20 payment threshold. I finally managed to get paid after three months and they do pay on time.

There is one client I adore who does very short product descriptions for a bed & bath website. They take minutes to write and it's approximately $1 for 30 words. The thing with those is that you cannot start any sentence with "the," "a" or "an." I find that fun, others find it tedious.

Recently, the articles I've seen available all seem to be about a football player who has the same name as some business professional and you have to write an article about the football player and then add a line saying promoting the professional.

Every now and then there are amazing finds though, if you can beat others to them. I had one a couple weeks ago that paid $37 for a 500 to 700 word blog on the ten most fuel efficient cars. The client gave the list of the 10 cars, so to reach the 700 word maximum, you had 70 words per car.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:53 AM
WAHM Regular

I finally knuckled down and took the test. I bombed it. It asks a lot of questions on subjects I've never come across as a content mill writer. White pages, HTML, meta tags, etc. It's almost as if it's designed for the taker to fail, or they're expecting their writers to have wide-ranging experience that is difficult to come by. However, that's just my opinion. Others may have a different take on it.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:46 PM
WAHM Fanatic

For those who have moved up from level 3, how long did it take? After how many articles were you pushed up?
Old 10-02-2011, 03:22 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonemoose View Post
I finally knuckled down and took the test. I bombed it. It asks a lot of questions on subjects I've never come across as a content mill writer. White pages, HTML, meta tags, etc. It's almost as if it's designed for the taker to fail, or they're expecting their writers to have wide-ranging experience that is difficult to come by. However, that's just my opinion. Others may have a different take on it.
I don't dare take it. I was level 3 at eCopywriters, took their test when they required it and after missing too many questions, they dropped me to a level 2. Since being dropped there, I haven't seen any work.

I'm afraid that if I took the test at WA, the same thing would happen even though they say writers who are already approved can take it just for fun. When I signed up, the test wasn't required and I hate having my level drop all because of new test.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Awesome WAHM

It depends on client ratings, and unfortunately, I seem to do most of mine for the client who consistently rates me a 3, so I'd imagine I'm stuck at 3 for a while.

WHEN there is work, it is good...even level 2 work pays over 1 cent a word and I actually got $50 for a 600 word article even at level 3 (A really EASY 600 word article for me...I think the client thought it was harder than it was, in a reverse of the normal pattern). But the work is fairly hit and miss.

This ad will disappear if you login