Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Anyone heard of iWriter.com?

Has anyone heard of iWriter.com? I just came across this site yesterday and signed up, but I don't want to write anything for them if they do not pay. Has anyone had any experience with them?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-27-2011, 04:09 AM
WAHM Addict

I signed up years ago, but have never bothered. They have one article available right now and the pay is $3 for 500 words.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:46 AM
WAHM Regular

I don't think it's the same site, anng. This was just launched a few days ago. I thought I'd give it a try and wrote 2 articles. One requester approved the article within 2 hours, the other approved it after 2 days. I now have $4.05 in my account. LOL
Old 08-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Super WAHM

Hmmm. Unless they offer a way to improve your rating and take advantage of higher paying gigs, I'm not sure this will be a good egg to have.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:05 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcellentWriter View Post
I don't think it's the same site, anng. This was just launched a few days ago. I thought I'd give it a try and wrote 2 articles. One requester approved the article within 2 hours, the other approved it after 2 days. I now have $4.05 in my account. LOL
I don't know because I logged in on iWriter.com and my account was there untouched. The Privacy Policy is written 2006, so they may have revamped the site recently, but it's not new.

The only topic I found showed they needed 6 articles and that the pay was $3 for 500 words. That's not even a penny per word, so I wouldn't touch it.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:18 PM
WAHM Regular

I tried it, and there were no articles available.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:03 AM
WAHM Addict

They sent out an email last night saying there is lots of work. Just for the record, I honestly wouldn't waste my time. Look right in their Writer's Page and it shows their rates:

300 word: $1.62, 500 word: $2.43, 700 word: $4.05
Old 09-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to IrishChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
They sent out an email last night saying there is lots of work. Just for the record, I honestly wouldn't waste my time. Look right in their Writer's Page and it shows their rates:

300 word: $1.62, 500 word: $2.43, 700 word: $4.05
Ditto that. I signed up on a whim and just now checked my account.
No thanks.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Super WAHM

I actually signed up for iWriter because of an ad on Warrior Forum. I was extremely annoyed when (after signing up) I found the pay rate was quite a bit lower than advertised.. I've since read that as you become a higher rated writer you have access to higher paying work, but the high client reject rates make me think getting any type of raise might take a long time...
Old 09-12-2011, 08:15 AM
WAHM Regular

I did earn minimum payout the first week. I signed up just to see if they paid. I was paid last Tuesday. Is it worth the time, not really. Some of the work, if you can find it, can be written off the top of your head within 15 minutes.

The majority of clients want an article written to a specific keyword density, in so many paragraphs without any grammatical errors. I guess they don't understand that you get what you pay for.

I am a 5 star writer there, and it is not worth it. Even the five star writers are lucky to get an article from a client that pays more than a penny a word. Most 500 word articles pay a 5 star writer $4.05. Clients can choose a writer specifically, but the pay is the same most of the time. I've written five different client requested articles and only two of the five paid one cent per word.

My opinion is that is a good egg to have if you need some quick extra money because they pay once a week, but should not be used a full-time gig. Hope this helps!

WARNING: This is a very new company! Writer prices per article have been changing every couple of days. When I first started writers were paid 90 percent of article earnings and 95 percent as a top writer. Now writers are only paid 80 percent of earnings and 85 as a top writer. They say this is to cover paypal and copyscape fees, but I think it has something to do with lining the pockets of the owners as well. This seems very high.

This ad will disappear if you login