Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Super WAHM

I did it for about an hour and then I quit. The math did not add up to even be worth my time at all.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Super WAHM

That's why I posted it in the telecommute rather than writing folder. It simply does not pay enough for those of us that work full, or even part-time, as a freelance writer. If you type fast and think fast, you can earn a semi-decent hourly wage, or at least spend an hour or two breaking up the day and getting paid asap. For what it's worth, use the money you make in an hour to take everyone out to ice cream. I figured the telecommute folder was more appropriate, as it is similar to the hourly wage many there make. It's ok.

Don't overthink it. Subscribe to the forums, and rotate where you post. I don't read the whole thing, honestly.....just the last two threads really quick and the topic before inputting my reply. I haven't created any new threads and I work fast. It is possible to earn some quick dough, consistently, and get paid fast, or may be a more serious gig for newbies to the work from home scene. Just work quick. I try to do one to two posts per minute of two to three sentences for each reply. I'm rated a 4.80 and by posting in the bonus "starred" forums, it adds up. No, I don't think most of us would do it full or even part-time, but for quick, mindless cash with no strings attached, I think it fits the bill.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Postloop

I just signed up and finished my 10 posts in the portal. I haven't been approved yet, so we will see what happens. I'm not a regular writer, so I'm hoping this will help with getting me started.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:41 PM
WAHM Regular

I seem to do well. I only post in forums that I'll be running my month in regardless: video games, health, etc... I have a 4.4 score so earn a bonus, plus I post in boards that offer even more bonuses. I post through out the day so it doesn't seem like a chore.

I've referred tons of people, but no one sticks around for me to earn anything from them. So far, I'm the one doing the earning for my sponsor, lol!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Awesome WAHM

I am doing it. It took me 55 posts to get $5. You get rated and you do get extra points per post depending on your rating and on the forum. Some forums give extra points and they let you know which ones those are. I hit my $5 and cashed out just to see how smoothly it ran. I had the cash in paypal in less than 24 hours. I'm not treating it as an egg so much as my hobby fund. I do a lot of round loom knitting for charity and family and the yarn gets costly so $20 a week for posting in forums I like anyway... not that bad and I get a few skeins of yarn for projects.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:41 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Is anybody still doing this? How much are you making? I signed up last night just because I heard they pay daily. Is that true?

My Livestrong articles are just sitting there, even though there are only 1900 articles or so total for the entire site waiting to be reviewed. I figured I'd do this as a quick backup in case I run out of money. I like to be prepared.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Super WAHM

I cashed out $8 this weekend. It does pay instantly once you accumulate the points. I feel that most people who write on here will be able to make more writing. I am fast and it takes me a decent amount of time for my points to add up.

If you treat it as something extra to do like TCA re-writes while you watch TV..then it's worth it.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatashaGabrielle View Post

If you treat it as something extra to do like TCA re-writes while you watch TV..then it's worth it.
I do enjoy mindless activities like that.

I usually edit titles for DS, but they actually ran out last night. So I need a new mindless thing that pays quickly.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyMiss View Post
I do enjoy mindless activities like that.

I usually edit titles for DS, but they actually ran out last night. So I need a new mindless thing that pays quickly.

Yeah, it won't make you rich. But if you want to do something different and make a little money on the side, it's a good option
Old 09-06-2011, 02:06 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I've discovered that I can create some backlinks for my HubPages stuff and my personal site by doing this Postloop thing. It might just work out after all.

This ad will disappear if you login