Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Howtohint.com

Has anyone written for this site? If so, have you actually gotten paid yet? I saw their post on freelancer.com and there is a lot of skepticism surrounding the site. I'm just wondering what is fact and what is fiction. Thanks!

P.S. Hi I'm Debbi and this is my first post to WAHM!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-11-2011, 04:52 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Ccook Send a message via MSN to Ccook Send a message via Yahoo to Ccook Send a message via Skype™ to Ccook

I can't really help you except to say check out Angela Hoy's Whispers and Warnings. She might have some info about it.

And welcome!!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccook View Post
I can't really help you except to say check out Angela Hoy's Whispers and Warnings. She might have some info about it.

And welcome!!
Thank you! I checked out Angela's site and forums and didn't see anything. I will keep researching and post what I find here. If I find anything! LOL
Old 07-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered WAHM

Default i got paid by this site, but i am really not convinced about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbid773 View Post
Has anyone written for this site? If so, have you actually gotten paid yet? I saw their post on freelancer.com and there is a lot of skepticism surrounding the site. I'm just wondering what is fact and what is fiction. Thanks!

P.S. Hi I'm Debbi and this is my first post to WAHM!
i have also seen their post two weeks ago on freelancer. i have sent them an article that was reviewed after one day, and i had 10 dollars in my account. i have decided to try them some more, so i have sent them the second one. this one needed about 3 days to be corrected. during this time, i have tried to contact their customer service. it is awful. they respond once a day, and the guy there has practically no English knowledge. i decided to write some more. Last friday (13 July) i had 2 approved articles, and 3 in pending. one of the pending article stayed there for 5 days. however, at 21.00 my time (noon in US), 20 dollars were deposited in my paypal account. don't start rubbing your hands just yet. with a whole weekend at my disposal, so i decided to take the maximum allowed tasks (10, and to start writing seriously for those guys. Saturday morning, i had my first rejection. i must admit i have copied a picture from another site. they rejected my article because of this, but they didn't had the option to remove the picture. the mail sent to the support was useless, but i managed to submit the article without a picture. so, i had 3 articles written on friday evening, another 2 on saturday and another 2 on sunday. during that time, they managed to correct another 3 articles (Oh, i must not forget. one of the articles was rejected with no comments. i have sent another mail to their CS, but i have decided to submit the article again with a few minor corrections. the article was approved in 2 hours, but the mail is still not answered even today, after three days).
i managed to write another two articles today. when i came home, i entered the site for submission. to my surprise, the site doesn't allow the writers to take assignments anymore (although 500 + were available yesterday), and the submission engine is not working. i guess the man managed to sweep away the needed articles, and decided to disappear. or he is just a newcomer and he still doesn't know how to make his business functional. bottom line, today, July 19 19.10 PM my time, i have 50 possible dollars in my howtohint account, 6 articles in drafts which i can't submit, 2 articles waiting approval and i am waiting for friday night to see how this is going. my advice: be cautious. i am not saying this site is scam, but it surely has all the perquisites to be.
PS: please don't make fun of my English. I had a dispute on this forum one year ago about another resembling site, and the Senior members here decided i was lying just because i can't write as well as they do. I must admit, i was a little acid with them also, but what is gone, is gone. For the moment, my English as it is brings me 600 dollars a month for a part time job, and that is more than double of the minimum wage in my country.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered WAHM

Default paid but still not convinced

getting back with the latest howtohint conclusions. at the moment, you can't take any new assignments, but at least they had the decency to tell me they are updating the site now. they will create a new engine and they will also have more articles to write. in simple words, they want to become professionals. however, my latest mail still waits an answer for one week now. the good part is that they have paid my 50 dollars for the last 5 approved articles. i can hardly wait for those months to pass. as a conclusion, if they stick to their promises and they will make a true professional site, we have a really great site to write for. if not, at least i got 70 dollars in two weeks for 7 articles, and this is significantly better than what i am used with.
getting back whenever i have new info.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered WAHM

Default how to hint

@debbid: yep the site is legit I was able to earn $170 for17 articles only but it has temporarily closed down for some reasons

@stancubog: hi thanks for your answer. yeah i agree the support system is really really poor. plus they're very slow when it comes to proofreading the articles on the draft section. I also got an email just today stating that they are revamping their site to produce new topics and better interface. the guy from the email said that it would take 2 months for it to be fixed. that's quite long. he also said to keep the completed articles as they would be checked once the site is ok. hope they fix it soon coz' they pay better rates compared to other sites.

p.s have you noticed that they have lowered down their rates from $10 to $7.5 on the last few days before they temporarily closed down? kindly get back if you have new updates
Old 07-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena5566 View Post
@debbid: yep the site is legit I was able to earn $170 for17 articles only but it has temporarily closed down for some reasons

@stancubog: hi thanks for your answer. yeah i agree the support system is really really poor. plus they're very slow when it comes to proofreading the articles on the draft section. I also got an email just today stating that they are revamping their site to produce new topics and better interface. the guy from the email said that it would take 2 months for it to be fixed. that's quite long. he also said to keep the completed articles as they would be checked once the site is ok. hope they fix it soon coz' they pay better rates compared to other sites.

p.s have you noticed that they have lowered down their rates from $10 to $7.5 on the last few days before they temporarily closed down? kindly get back if you have new updates
hello again
yeah, the guy just sent me an email just like yours about the fact that no articles will be reviewed for the next two months. as for lowering the fees, i didn't had the chance to observe this aspect. Since I got that mail, the site is frozen and nothing ever changes...
Old 12-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Angry

Is it me, or did this site end up being a dud? I signed up ages back, and got an email the other day that they were accepting new articles again... for $3.00... with a minimum of 500 words. *sigh*
Old 01-14-2012, 02:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via ICQ to bacardibarbie

Does anyone still work for this company? I havent been able to find any information on it. It looks like the pay is low but does anyone know how often they pay?
Old 01-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi,

Please PM me your login.
Nice to see how you jump to conclusions without having any information.
We have some issues with plagiarism detection which will be fixed in few days.

You'll be paid for your articles probably on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stancubog View Post
i have also seen their post two weeks ago on freelancer. i have sent them an article that was reviewed after one day, and i had 10 dollars in my account. i have decided to try them some more, so i have sent them the second one. this one needed about 3 days to be corrected. during this time, i have tried to contact their customer service. it is awful. they respond once a day, and the guy there has practically no English knowledge. i decided to write some more. Last friday (13 July) i had 2 approved articles, and 3 in pending. one of the pending article stayed there for 5 days. however, at 21.00 my time (noon in US), 20 dollars were deposited in my paypal account. don't start rubbing your hands just yet. with a whole weekend at my disposal, so i decided to take the maximum allowed tasks (10, and to start writing seriously for those guys. Saturday morning, i had my first rejection. i must admit i have copied a picture from another site. they rejected my article because of this, but they didn't had the option to remove the picture. the mail sent to the support was useless, but i managed to submit the article without a picture. so, i had 3 articles written on friday evening, another 2 on saturday and another 2 on sunday. during that time, they managed to correct another 3 articles (Oh, i must not forget. one of the articles was rejected with no comments. i have sent another mail to their CS, but i have decided to submit the article again with a few minor corrections. the article was approved in 2 hours, but the mail is still not answered even today, after three days).
i managed to write another two articles today. when i came home, i entered the site for submission. to my surprise, the site doesn't allow the writers to take assignments anymore (although 500 + were available yesterday), and the submission engine is not working. i guess the man managed to sweep away the needed articles, and decided to disappear. or he is just a newcomer and he still doesn't know how to make his business functional. bottom line, today, July 19 19.10 PM my time, i have 50 possible dollars in my howtohint account, 6 articles in drafts which i can't submit, 2 articles waiting approval and i am waiting for friday night to see how this is going. my advice: be cautious. i am not saying this site is scam, but it surely has all the perquisites to be.
PS: please don't make fun of my English. I had a dispute on this forum one year ago about another resembling site, and the Senior members here decided i was lying just because i can't write as well as they do. I must admit, i was a little acid with them also, but what is gone, is gone. For the moment, my English as it is brings me 600 dollars a month for a part time job, and that is more than double of the minimum wage in my country.

This ad will disappear if you login