Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Remilon Testing

For anyone who has completed the Remilon writer test, or know someone who has, how long does it take to hear back after you have submitted the test? I'm waiting with baited breath and the only thing the site said was that it can take a while. Thanks.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Awesome WAHM

I submitted my test yesterday morning and got rejected last nite.

I was actually not too upset b/c I didn't even remember the pay rate or details, b/c I applied 4 months ago and never heard back until now. When I saw someone yesterday post the pay and details of the job, I am not sure it would have been a good fit for me anyway, but I figured there was no harm in doing the test and then making my decision.

I wish you better luck than me if you really want/need to get in
Old 06-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Super WAHM

I sent my test in and got my acceptance email within an hour. Not sure if that is standard or if I lucked out. I filled out the paperwork, now I have to wait for my information to be verified. They said that could take up to a week but I'm hoping it's much quicker than that.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Super WAHM

I turned in the test and got accepted the next day so I'm guessing they might be reviewing the tests as they receive them and sending out emails shortly after.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Registered WAHM

Talking Remilon

Same here. I sent the test in and was accepted. It's been over a week and when I check the status I still get the message they are verifying the account information.I honestly can't wait to earn and learn. I'll post back here if I hear anything, please do the same since we are all waiting with baited breath.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Super WAHM

I wanted to update everyone and say that I received my logon and training emails this morning! I'm pretty excited, but it looks like I'll be bringing my laptop on vacation with me .
Old 07-01-2011, 11:30 AM
wguest

One thing that concerns me is that Remilon treats us like employees, instead of the independent contractors that we are. We are forced to clock in and out, forced to complete a time sheet, forced to work a minimum amount of hours per pay period-all things that companies have in place for their employees. I'm worried that they may be trying to avoid taxes while still having employees-which is a big no-no with the IRS. The IRS has a publication with more info on this. You can't call a worker an independent contractor and then treat them like an employee-doing so is against the law. I enjoy the work and the pay but I do worry that they aren't being completely legit about things.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:19 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Don't they pay $8 an hour or is it by the article?
Old 07-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Super WAHM

Okay. Crossing this one off my list, so when they get fined for violating federal labor laws I won't be one of the writers that gets dropped.

(I was recently researching this, and the DOL *not* the IRS will come down on them if there is even one complaint because they have to pay worker's comp...and fine them a LOT of money).
Old 07-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Super WAHM

I'm pretty sure its $8.00 an hour (not per article) and writers are supposed to work 15 hours weekly. I could be completely wrong.

This certainly isn't my only egg, but I'm not going to skip out on the opportunity to earn a bit extra weekly for fear the DOL is going to land on them like a ton of wet cement. It is something I will keep in mind though since (unfortunately) more than a few companies try to cut corners by treating independent contractors like employees to get around tax and federal laws.

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
applications, freelance writing, remilon, writer test