Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Applying at Skyword

I am thinking of applying at Skyword. For the Pampers program I noticed they want true experience articles. For my sample article, do you think it is ok to use one of my factual/informative articles related to pregnancy/parenting or should I write something related to my own experiences specifically for this program? Thank you.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 05-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Super WAHM

I used a factual article on pregnancy that I had already written as a sample.I have found that I don't do well when I come up with a sample on the spot.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momy2one View Post
I am thinking of applying at Skyword. For the Pampers program I noticed they want true experience articles. For my sample article, do you think it is ok to use one of my factual/informative articles related to pregnancy/parenting or should I write something related to my own experiences specifically for this program? Thank you.
I think that the factual article you have would be fine. Just keep in mind that the articles you'd be writing for them once you're accepted will be in the first person.

Quick FYI that I wanted to pass along too. Once you apply to the Pampers program, be sure to log into Skyword every once in a while and check your dashboard. They'll post a notice when you are accepted. I didn't realize this and was just waiting to hear back via e-mail. I did eventually receive an e-mail, but it was to say, "Hey, you haven't written any articles yet." When I logged into Skyword I noticed that I had been accepted into the Pampers program 2 weeks ago.

Good luck.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to wildcatgrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenG View Post
I think that the factual article you have would be fine. Just keep in mind that the articles you'd be writing for them once you're accepted will be in the first person.

Quick FYI that I wanted to pass along too. Once you apply to the Pampers program, be sure to log into Skyword every once in a while and check your dashboard. They'll post a notice when you are accepted. I didn't realize this and was just waiting to hear back via e-mail. I did eventually receive an e-mail, but it was to say, "Hey, you haven't written any articles yet." When I logged into Skyword I noticed that I had been accepted into the Pampers program 2 weeks ago.

Good luck.
Agree with all of this. Especially the "We noticed you haven't written any articles" email. I was like because when I applied they said they weren't bringing on new writers.

I have read on another board that Pampers review times tend to be very long-has anyone here found that to be the case lately?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Super WAHM

When I started writing for them last month the review times were very quick. The longest I had to wait was 3 days and that was over a weekend. In most cases my articles were reviewed within 24 hours.

I think the beginning of the month is busiest. I know I'm trying to get out my 10 articles for the month while they have new keywords. I imagine it slows down towards the end of the month when most writers have already finished their monthly quota. But that's my opinion.

I'll let you know how long it takes them to review my recent articles. 1 has been in review for 2 days and the others for 1 day. I've experienced quick review times, but I've only been with them one month.

I also have to ditto the email notification. I found out I was approved by logging into to skyword. I'm inpatient, so I just kept checking every day. I did get an email a few days later inviting me to their online chat, though.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Super WAHM

2 of my articles were just reviews. So that makes the Pampers program review times about 1-2 days.... Pretty good if you ask me....
Old 05-06-2011, 02:00 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Ccook Send a message via MSN to Ccook Send a message via Yahoo to Ccook Send a message via Skype™ to Ccook

Are they a good place to work?
Old 05-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Super WAHM

So far I really like it. My editor is really nice and my rewrites are usually along the lines of staying impartial and light hearted. I tend to write on the more serious side. I'm getting better and the review times are really short. Pay is on the 15th of the month for the previous months work. You do have to write 10 articles a month. They are usually about 25-35 keywords available at a time. Right now there are a lot on infertility which I haven't experienced, but they do update them every few days. I think once they get enough content on one keyword they take it off and add another. I've worked for them less than a month, but I'm really happy with them.You can write as much as you want, but some of the keywords stay the same, if that makes sense (sorry I'm tired)
Old 05-06-2011, 08:53 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Ccook Send a message via MSN to Ccook Send a message via Yahoo to Ccook Send a message via Skype™ to Ccook

Makes perfect sense! Thanks!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Super WAHM

Oh geesh... this reminds me -- I started my application for the Pampers program the other day but when I went to submit it I kept getting a fatal error message. I meant to go back later and try again and forgot. Just went back and it worked with no problems.

Glad to hear you ladies got accepted. I've got my fingers crossed that I will as well. As much as I spend on their diapers, it would be nice to get something back.

This ad will disappear if you login