Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via MSN to CJWrite
Post Writer Access?

Okay, I feel funny posting so much here since I just joined (even though I've been reading the sight for a year), but you guys seem to know your stuff, so...

I just got accepted @ Writer Access w/ a level 4 rating, but there are no assignments available. Is this normal for them? Are they okay to write for? Any problems?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-08-2011, 08:47 AM
WAHM Fanatic

They seem fine, but there is a definite lack of work there.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Congratulations! Level 4 is my goal but I have a hard time finding enough level 3 articles to write so I can work my way up. One thing, don't rely on the email they send out. By the time I get it, the articles are always gone.

Kay
Old 02-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via MSN to CJWrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydville View Post
One thing, don't rely on the email they send out. By the time I get it, the articles are always gone.

Kay
That's what I'm hearing about a few different places. Too bad, since I'd make a little bit more there than where I' writing for now.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to KLeeBanks Send a message via Skype™ to KLeeBanks
Arrow Check in periodically during the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJWrite View Post
Okay, I feel funny posting so much here since I just joined (even though I've been reading the sight for a year), but you guys seem to know your stuff, so...

I just got accepted @ Writer Access w/ a level 4 rating, but there are no assignments available. Is this normal for them? Are they okay to write for? Any problems?
Hi and congrats!

I also got accepted recently at level 4 - from what I've seen so far, available titles come and go very quickly. Either that, or they are on topics that I wouldn't write about. For instance, when I first got accepted at the end of January - there were about two dozen titles all about different pieces of sportswear (bike shorts, sports tops, etc.) - I couldn't quite figure out how on earth you could come up with the minimum 350 words (I think that was it) writing about a topic like that!

I have my WA dashboard bookmarked on my toolbar, so I just check in periodically a few times a day to see if there are any titles. I've been lucky, I guess, because I've written five so far. Four of them have been approved - the fifth is pending. The first four were all under $10 articles ($7.35-$8.35), for about 225 to 350 words; the fifth one was challenging, but interesting (about craniosacral massage), about 500 words - but will pay over $20 (hopefully, if it gets approved).

A writing friend of mine encouraged me to just keep picking up whatever titles I can, because that's what she did - and then the ideaLaunch company that owns WA gave her the opportunity to take on a regular client - and now she's getting $100+ for articles from that client!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to cwilson26

I was accepted a few months ago at a level 4 and haven't been able to write even one article for them because either there is no work or they don't have anything I am interested in. Congrats in getting accepted and my advice would be to stalk them often to find something. I kind of gave up on them for now since I write and title for Demand Studios and write for a bunch of other places too.

This ad will disappear if you login