Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Default What does it mean if a Craigslist ad is

flagged for removal? Is that different than being removed by the author? I'm asking because of a job I applied to, had a phone interview that seemed very pronising, wrote a 1200 word sample for, then heard nothing. Zero. Squat. Checked the ad back and it was flagged for removal. I just wondered if that was different than being removed by the author.
Thanks, w36
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-18-2010, 03:24 PM
WAHM Fanatic

As far as I know, yes, it's different. It means someone else alerted CL to take it down, maybe because they felt it was spam or in the wrong section, or maybe they found out the poster was trying to take advantage of people. It could be for various reasons, but I think when it is removed by the author, it says so.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:41 PM
WAHM Regular

When you are browsing Craigslist you have the option to flag any posts that you think are inappropriate or spam. If enough people flag a post it is taken down.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to seattlejan Send a message via Skype™ to seattlejan

Also, sometimes people flag their competitors' ads. In some categories, this is a real problem. So the mere fact that an ad has been flagged doesn't really tell you much, unfortunately.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via AIM to mountainmom5

I use Craigslist all the time for advertising and sometimes I get my ads flagged but it usually by competitors.

You DO need to be careful though with the 'opportunity' ads on Craigslist! I would NEVER give out personal information via a Craigslist ad. There are a TON of spammers on there. I even get a bunch of spam emails to my ads on log furniture - preptending to want to buy it.

It's a crazy world on CL!

Pajama Affiliates My friend Robin has one of the easiest to follow courses on Blogging, Affiliate Marketing and more. You will love her!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmom5 View Post
I use Craigslist all the time for advertising and sometimes I get my ads flagged but it usually by competitors.

You DO need to be careful though with the 'opportunity' ads on Craigslist! I would NEVER give out personal information via a Craigslist ad. There are a TON of spammers on there. I even get a bunch of spam emails to my ads on log furniture - preptending to want to buy it.

It's a crazy world on CL!
I took in a pregnant mom cat a few years ago, and when her kittens were old enough, I posted an ad on CL. I got half a dozen responses offering to buy the kittens, I just had to cash the money order, and ship the kittens with the balance of the money order to the buyer.... Yeah, right... It's amazing the scams some of these people will try to pull.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:36 PM
WAHM Addict

Some writers will also flag the ad in hopes of decreasing their competition.

This ad will disappear if you login