Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Can you give an example of a blog post?

Hi Sofiewritergirl,
I just started with WordGigs and I received a project for blogposts (are these the same as blurbs?), which are new to me. What's confusing me is, there are 3 unique topics listed, but they are listed multiple times I don't understand why they are listed multiple times? Can you point me to examples of blog posts? I looked in the WordGigs writer guide and it defines blog posts, but the multiple entries are confusing me.

I submitted a ticket and the answer I got back from them was to be creative and send them a few samples and they'd let me know if they were on the right track.

Thanks for any info you can give me!

Last edited by littlemoi; 08-07-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: namespelling; remoe keywords&quotes
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-07-2010, 04:18 PM
WAHM Regular

LittleMoi,

Just a heads up, you might want to edit your post and get rid of the keyword phrases and direct quotes from support. Technically, that goes against the NDA and I would hate to see them get crabby with you over it.

Tiata
Old 08-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Registered WAHM

oops, thank you!
Old 08-08-2010, 02:34 PM
WAHM Regular

Hey LittleMoi! I sent you a PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered WAHM

Okay, I don't know how y'all got through the quizzes, but I'm about to fall apart. I've watched these videos countless times, I've taken notes, I've even written down the quiz questions so I would know what to listen for in the videos. Even so, I've only passed the third quiz. I can't even find a way to contact any kind of help or support via the website.

I'm so disappointed - I've been waiting to get in with WordGigs since the spring. I know it's small potatoes compared to other gigs, but it was really going to help me out. I guess I'll keep trying until they kick me out tonight.

Edit: I've passed everything except the first quiz. Now I'm just watching the first video over and over again, and taking the quiz every ten minutes. Sigh.

Last edited by wockawocka; 08-09-2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Super WAHM

Unhappy

I started working with WG last week and I'm trying to take it slow, doing just one project at a time. I'm now on my third project and the topic of the article is something I'm morally against. As anyone who works for them knows, I can't refuse to do it and if I let it run out of time I will lose money. As a writer I know I should do the article the best I can and move on, but I'm having a very hard time painting this issue in a good light. Any advice?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:18 AM
WAHM Regular

From what I understand articles are supposed to be written in an objective point-of-view with WG. So, if it is a topic where you can highlight the positives and negatives, then I'd take it in that direction. That way you can express how you feel with the negatives, but also say a few good things in the positives. I hope that helps.... I haven't been put in that position yet, but I'm sure I will in the future.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Slicing Angel, I'm running into a little difficulty, too, as far as a couple of the posts they want me to write. It's especially hard since you do not have the option to toss them back. I think I'm going to finish the projects that I have out so I can get my pay and quickly move on. They seem a little seedy and unprofessional. I almost feel guilty starting this thread, b/c after being with them a little while, I would never, ever recommend them. But then, some people seem to have had good experiences, so who knows? Good luck to you!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Super WAHM

Thanks for the advice Sophiewritergirl. They want the article to paint the subject in a positive light and I think I'm going to have to let it slid. Aumom this looked like a nice egg to add to the basket and thank you for posting it. I might not stay with them too long but mayhap some of the other writers can find themselves a nice place there.

This ad will disappear if you login