Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:45 AM
Super WAHM

Default Did anyone apply to Remilon?

Hey, there was a job posting last week about Remilon and I applied and I have my webinar today. I was just wondering if anyone else did and what there thoughts were on this one? Any advice? Thanks!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Yep

I applied, but wasn't feeling the $8 per hour/15 hours a week thing. Just me though...But from looking at their extensive interviewing process, it seems like a legit company. I just was hoping it was more like DS, where we get paid per article.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to KLeeBanks Send a message via Skype™ to KLeeBanks
Arrow I worked for them last year

Remilon is a legit company - I worked for them for awhile last year (made $1400). They have very specific guidelines/formats and expectations regarding quality and quantity of content. You log into a time clock while you write and leave a detailed note when you log out. They paid faithfully, although I don't remember now how frequently - but I think it was by direct deposit and you will receive a 1099. You are considered a "ghostwriter" basically - or writing "work for hire" with no byline. The majority of their sites are education-based. I can link a couple articles of mine for you to get an idea what Remilon expects, if you would like to see.

I felt - just my opinion - that the rate was too low, especially for the expectations, and I couldn't always commit to the 15 hours/week in addition to my other obligations. They seemed to have ongoing glitches with their CMS (Content Management System) and some of the editors could be quite subjective and "picky" (both of THOSE sound like DS at times, right?)

However, they do have consistent, ongoing work - as long as you are able to meet their standards and time commitment, it is a good opportunity.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Super WAHM

How many articles did they expect you to write in an hour? i'm currently make $3.33 per article and that's low. Would I make more with Remilon? I just want to make sure it's worth my time Thanks
Old 04-14-2010, 09:47 AM
WAHM Regular

Your not expected to be writing articles the whole entire time. You get paid for your research time, writing, editing, reviewing guidelines, asking your editors questions, ect.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Not Bad

I've been working for Remilon for a few months now. I like that they pay per hour instead of per article because if some articles take a while, I don't sweat it. Pay is regular and reliable. It's just a little boring, that's all. Guidelines are strict, and there's no room for creativity.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:49 PM
wguest

I work for them also. It's a terrific egg. The guidelines are strict but the editors are really great and the articles don't take that long to do-it's the research that takes the most time. I'm happy there.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:23 AM
Registered WAHM

I just started working there.
Feedback takes forever, they nitpick every last detail, and with so many different editors it's hard to build a rapport with anyone. I do like that the pay is hourly, but it's boring work and the lack training and support for new writers is dismal.

Last edited by Seri; 05-29-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn R. View Post
I'm attracted to the idea of getting paid by the hour, because right now I take a long time to write.

But there must be some requirements for those 15 hours -- they don't have a certain amount of articles you must submit in the 15 hours?

Do you clock out for coffee breaks, etc?

Are they logging keystrokes or something?

Just wondering how they ensure they are paying for productivity...
Can someone post the website to apply please?

The URL saved in my bookmarks doesn't seem to be valid anymore

Thanks!!

Julianna
Old 05-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Super WAHM

Default Try this

About Remilon | Careers | Remilon LLC

This ad will disappear if you login