Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Firehow ??

I know there was minimal chatter about this place a few months ago.. Anyone try it out and like it or hate it, or?!

I'm so frustrated with ehow.. I'm losing articles left and right.. and when they remove an article of mine, they put the link to one of their DS written articles.. It's kinda frustrating.. I feel like we do the work, gain the "attention" and then they move it to their own work stealing our money.

Anyone else frustrated with them?

I went from making just $85. a month with my 100 articles, to now being lucky if i hit $27.00 this month.

Jenny
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Hey

I have been posting articles on both sites ever since ehow cleanup. I lost a bunch of articles.

Good thing firehow hasn't deleted any of mine.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Awesome WAHM

It looks like a nice site, but I'll stick with eHow. There's not much info in the WHOIS result for Firehow. This doesn't have to mean anything bad, but I just prefer to know who I'm dealing with. Does anyone know who owns this site?

On a side note, Firehow having "ehow" in its domain name reminds me of when eBay sued (and won) against PerfumeBay last year. Wonder if eHow could do the same.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:09 PM
WAHM Fanatic

How have your firehow earnings been in comparison to your ehow earnings?

And how many articles do you have up at firehow?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:49 PM
WAHM Fanatic

bump........
Old 09-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Super WAHM

I trade adsense revenue share for google page rank (google juice). Ehow and Suite 101 have a PR of 7. Firehow has a PR of 4. I'd have to see somebody make great revenue on firehow or wait for their google juice to improve before I jumped in.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:49 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Well, I think firehow sounds promising if ehow deletes your article.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:45 AM
WAHM Regular

I know that having our articles at more than one place isn't good for our search engine rankings. However, does anybody post their same articles on eHow and Firehow? Is Fh non-exclusive?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Awesome WAHM

I did a little digging and learned that Paul McLalin owns Firehow.com (and several other sites, so hopefully that's a good sign). Here's his profile page: View-user-profile | profile | FireHow.com. He's on Twitter, too.

I also found a website that gives daily pages views and ad revenue of any site. It claims that Firehow.com is getting about 4,000 page views a day and about $12 of ad revenue per day. I put in one of my blogs and the stats this site gave for my page views and ad revenue were a bit inflated, so I don't know how accurate the stats for Firehow are. Here's the site with the info, if anyone's interested: www.firehow.com estimated worth and web stat from Cubestat.

(BTW, what's up with not having that convenient button anymore for linking a URL to text?)
Old 09-12-2009, 10:17 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm going to submite some article for them and let you know how that turns out. I just signed up for them last night.

This ad will disappear if you login