Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales: Food Companies > Wildtree

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Has any of you done nonconsumable items

such as bags or jewelries. I'm thinking of possibly signing up. I got high blood pressure last year and have been trying to maintain it through eating healthy and exercising so I feel this is something I can be passionate about...however, and I hope no one gets offended just from looking at it, it seems like a lot of work for little pay..80 to 200 average..I had signed up with Premier before and my sponsor would do like 1000 jewelry shows which she gets to keep 500..I did a about 900 my first show but just couldn't continue because I just felt the jewelry was overpriced but of course not all but anyway I just didn't feel the passion for it.'

So as far as making money, I'm just wondering if it would be worth the time...obviously there are a number of women making a lot from building a team, it seems that is where the big money is but if you were just to do a party here and there, I guess it would not compare to the what appears easier and more money in bags/jewelries..any thoughts/feedbacks on this.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi! This is the only direct sales I have done, and I find it easy to sell because I am passionate about healthy eating and educating people on good nutrition. I do have a friend who sells Stella and Dot, fairly expensive jewelry, and she does make a lot of money doing it. But in my opinion, Wildtree is a business where you make a customer base that keeps coming back for more of what they have consumed. So it's a longer term thing for me, not just having to continually find new customers, but keeping all of my existing customers' orders fulfilled as well. I also love the food and would continue to stay on as a rep even if I wasn't selling, I use WT so much in my own cooking that the discount is incentive enough. I also don't feel bad about our prices in the bad economy, because this is a great product that people need. I tell them they're just grocery shopping! At least in the small town where I live, many people don't have the extra money in their budget for jewelry, but they do get excited about a few WT products, and then the next month they contact me for more. And of course, as you build a team and spread the word, additional commission will come in as well. Good luck to you in your decision!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your response. That really helps. What about competition, just wondering like with Trader Joe's and Whole foods...how does Wildtree compare to what you can just get in stores such as these...I know one selling point is you could get them for free if you were to host a party..but do you ever find for those people that just wants something like this say that they could just get it at those health food grocery?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Awesome WAHM

I honestly think you should find something that you really love otherwise it doesn't matter because if you can't get excited about what you're selling- you won't make any money . You really need 100% motivation to build a successful business and it's a lot easier to be motivated when you love what you're doing. I love jewelry and fashion and I've done well because this is my passion. I've sold skincare and although I'm a fan of the company I'm using but only share whenever it comes up. It's not something I'm passionate about. This really was the ah-ha, key moment for me to realize how important it is to pick something that you absolutely love doing! ~Janette
Janette Stoll ~ #1 Direct Sales Leader ~ Helping You Succeed in Your Business
http://www.directsalesnaturalproducts.com
Old 04-11-2012, 01:24 PM
WAHM Regular

I totally agree with Janette - that's why I feel good about selling WT, because I love it! If you find what you love, you will be good at it!

I live in a small town and the closest Whole Foods and Trader Joes are about 60 miles away. I have had parties in that city, though, and people still seem excited about my products. Here, I have something people can't easily get, and when I travel, I have something people can taste before buying (unlike grocery shopping). The herb blends are so unique to us, as are the infused grapeseed oils, that there just isn't that much competition. The natural grapeseed oil can be purchased at many other stores, including those close to me, but I haven't seen the bright green cold pressed grapeseed oil available other than WT. My sister in law regularly shops at Whole Foods and is still one of my best customers. I think there's a place for all of it in a pantry! I always tell people I don't care if they buy from me or not, I just want them to start being more aware of what's in their food and to start reading labels. Usually when people start reading labels, they want to buy from me!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Awesome WAHM

Right on, Lisa! There's a market for everyone. You don't need to sell to the whole world to be successful . It sounds like your company offers great products. ~Janette
Janette Stoll ~ #1 Direct Sales Leader ~ Helping You Succeed in Your Business
http://www.directsalesnaturalproducts.com
Old 04-14-2012, 06:51 PM
WAHM Regular

I agree with finding a company that you are passionate about. I just signed up with a company that I have been a customer of for years. Even if if find reasons why a certain company and its product would or wouldn't work, it boils down to how passionate you are. That's what will get customers to come to you and to keep coming back!
Good luck
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
WAHM Regular

I don't know. The way I see it, everyone has to eat, but buying purses or jewelry is something that can be put off easier. Speaking as someone who just went from a purse company (because I got tired of people saying they can't spend money on purses right now) to a food company that has a long-term shelf life - that is getting more interest and people don't feel guilty about making an investment in their families' security. Of course there will always be women that will spend money no matter what - but I think they're getting harder to find these days! Do what you are really excited about and believe in!

This ad will disappear if you login