Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > WAHMs in Network Marketing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via MSN to mikeheesen Send a message via Skype™ to mikeheesen

With todays economic turmoil there are many people looking for other ways to start earning a buck. It is not without reason that more and more folk are choosing for a home based business. Who wouldn´t want to work from home, having the opportunity of making unlimited income? When surfing the internet one will soon find out that there are plenty of home based business opportunities to choose from. Some of them unique, and little known of. Others are lucrative but more complex. One also needs to be very aware of the many scams that are out there. If you are not sure, a good place to check is the website of the Better Business Bureau.

I personally believe that in todays downturn a home business is the way to go. Once you have found the right business that suits you best, you can be successful. I believe that anyone can be successful. You´ve got to stick with it though.

If you are new to online marketing, there is always the learning curve. For some this may take a week, for others maybe a month or even longer. Home business owners are constantly educating themselves by increasing their value in order to accelerate their levels of success. Thus, bare in mind that you will have to work at it. Remember that it is a job, it is a business and it is your income.

When searching for that right home based business there are a number of things you should really investigate thoroughly. The most important factor is the profit margin, or compensation plan. Another factor is the training and support. Is it current? Is it applicable in today's market?

I personally have taken some serious time to find my unique, little known, lucrative home business. I found one and it is a good one. I don't have to go out of the house, hit the road, go to hotel meetings. Nor do I have to spend any time on the phone, bugging people with my business. Nor do I have to hassle my friends and family.

The time I spent doing the trainings & support was long, intensive and even tedious at times. But hey, you simply can't run, before you learn to walk. It was worth the time and effort and by gaining this online marketing knowledge, I gained power and am now the proud owner of my own unique, little known, lucrative home business.
Edited by: mikeheesen
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-04-2009, 12:17 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeheesen
With most pills, chills and drinks businesses, the profit margins are low.
Factually incorrect. In many they are rather high. (Typically very much higher than, for instance, in the automobile trade!)

Quote:
In order to make some serious money, one will have to sell truckloads.
On the contrary. The whole point about network marketing is that you don't have to do it all on your own. It's about many people each doing a little. This just couldn't be more misleading. I imagine it's also pretty offensive to the several members in this folder who are earning multiple 6-figure incomes from exactly the business that you're dismissing out of hand with such an inaccurate and factually incorrect summary.[img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to loren

I think I get what he means. Actually with nutritional
mlms the profits are often staggeringly high. A $60
bottle of juice may cost less than $1 to manufacture.

Much of the retail cost of the product is paid-out
to multiple levels of distributors, but for the
individual at the bottom he or she might sell a bottle
for $60 and only may $2 on it.

I'm just pulling these figure out of my ear. It just
illustrates that is is a good idea to have a balance
between retailing and recruiting so you get the leverage
of those multiple levels if you are going to do MLM
programs.

Nike shoes are marked up 5000% or more over the
manufacturing cost... so the markup in MLM isn't the
only place this occurs with commodities.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:41 PM
WAHM Regular

I didn´t mean to offend anyone by saying that. That is from my personal experience. I have however removed those lines. I don't want to mislead anyone with questionable statements. Thanks for the input!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
I believe that anyone can be successful. You´ve got to stick with it though.
I would have to disagree. Most people unfortunately will not be successful. Most people believe when they get plugged into a system the money is suppose to just fall out of the sky.

Though I would agree you have to stick with it.

Quote:
If you are new to online marketing, there is always the learning curve. For some this may take a week, for others maybe a month or even longer.
Are you talking about online marketing or network marketing? Or marketing a network marketing online? Network marketing companies should have a easy enough training program to get you up and running in a few short hours.

Quote:
The most important factor is the profit margin, or compensation plan.
I couldn't disagree more. If you had a product that no one wanted it wouldn't matter how much profit you could make. The number one thing, IMHO, to look for in a company is the product line. Is there a market for the product. A market that will be there in 10, 20, 30 years.

The next thing, again IMHO, is the stability of the company. There are many flight by night companies with the "most lucrative" compensation plan. But again if they don't have a 100 year plan what's the point.

I understand the general point of your post those and in general agree with a couple of things you mentioned.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the response. Like anything, some people agree, some won´t. I vlue your opinion though and would like to know what it is you do?
Old 04-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Like anything, some people agree, some won´t. I vlue your opinion though and would like to know what it is you do?
Are you asking anyone specific? If it is me then I am a network marketer and have been in the industry for the last 7 years where I have marketed all types of products, including "sizzle products". I have been in search engine marketing for 5 years.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Yeah, I was asking you I feel honoured to have met you via WAHM... let´s stay in touch. Always good to get to know another full time online marketer! I wish you lot´s of success and more business. Bless you!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:51 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Thomas
Most people unfortunately will not be successful. Most people believe when they get plugged into a system the money is suppose to just fall out of the sky.
Sadly, this is just inescapable fact, and nobody can deny it.

Many people, apparently (and often genuinely) full of good intentions, join network marketing companies and can quickly and easily be taught a simple, duplicable business-building forumla which has been proven reliably successful for all those who were willing to follow it, but don't actually get as far as picking up the ball and running with it. Or sticking to it, as mentioned above.

Quote:
Network marketing companies should have a easy enough training program to get you up and running in a few short hours.
Absolutely. Without that they are really odds against to survive for the long term. The kind of training that requires a month's learning, or technical skills not readily and very quickly learnable by almost anyone, is a non-starter for network marketing.

Quote:
If you had a product that no one wanted it wouldn't matter how much profit you could make. The number one thing, IMHO, to look for in a company is the product line. Is there a market for the product. A market that will be there in 10, 20, 30 years.
Neatly put, and without being long-winded like I am. The company has to have products that real retail customers are buying and re-ordering and paying for with real money, and it has to have the sales figures to prove it. Without having this, it doesn't matter whether the profit-margin is 5% or 75% because it won't still be there years later to enjoy it.

Quote:
The next thing, again IMHO, is the stability of the company.
Absolutely. Without this, you have nothing. Which is why "due diligence" is absolutely essential. People who don't learn to do it typically become "jumpers" involved in 10 or 12 different companies over a 2 or 3 year period. The company has to be stable and its owners have to have an unblemished track-record in the industry. (In my opinion, its also for this reason that new companies, "ground floor opportunities" and "pre-launches" are to be avoided like the plague - and history unfortunately bears out this perspective most reliably).

Great post, Dale.[img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks Yulia! You and I are normally on the same page!!!

Mike - it's good to meet you two. There are a lot of great people on this forum, like Yulia, who have a ton of experience in this industry.

Happy to share ideas!!!

This ad will disappear if you login