WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (http://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   VirtualBee (formerly KeyForCash) (http://www.wahm.com/forum/virtualbee-formerly-keyforcash-91/)
-   -   Mturk? (http://www.wahm.com/forum/virtualbee-formerly-keyforcash-91/645873-mturk.html)

disneygal84 06-19-2012 08:14 AM

Mturk?

I was wondering if anyone has tried or currently work for this company. I checked out the website, but still I'm not sure how it works or what it's all about. I would appreciate any information. Thank you.

cmkstar 06-19-2012 09:36 AM

Mturk is legit, I make most of my income on it. Mturk is basically a task site. Businesses (called requesters) post work that they need done that they don't necessarily want to tie up a regular employee with or hire a temp to do, hence the HITs (Human Intelligence Tasks).

Some requesters pay well, some don't. That's something you'll learn with experience. I don't work for less than $0.10/minute, which is $6/hr and there's an abundance of work. Once you hit $10 in your account you can transfer it to your bank account (if you're in the US. In India you may request a check, the rest of the world is stuck with an Amazon giftcard balance). The first 10 days or so your account is restricted to only accepting 100 hits per day and you are not permitted to transfer out. After that I believe the upper limit is something crazy like 3800/hits day but that's rare.

leopardesspots 06-19-2012 05:46 PM

I've been doing tasks on mturk since the 6th of this month. It's fairly decent, I've made some very decent "pocket change", but it does take time to learn which HITs are worth your time and effort. I do these while waiting on work at KFC. :) I've enjoyed it, as it definitely gives me something to do on my down-time (and with a 14 month old, I don't have a lot of it)! :o

perfectgopi 06-20-2012 04:35 AM

It is a good small tasks site, but we can't earn a decent money here. To earn a good amount you must be from the US or you should have transcription, writing skills. Otherwise it is not possible to make even $2 here.

@cm
How do you make $0.1/minute here? On which requester's tasks you work? I am from India. I can't even find high paying tasks here. They are all reserved for US workers.

Quicksilver 06-20-2012 05:08 AM

Thanks to this post I went and took another look at MTurk and decided to give it a try this time! I made a whole 2 cents last night, lol. Only because I was only trying it out, testing the waters. Wanted to see if my work was going to be accepted before I continued. I'll probably work on this when there is no work on KFC and I'm done with survey taking. It's another 'egg' I can add and see what I can build up!

colly5 06-20-2012 06:05 AM

Yep. MTurk is legit and many people use it to make some quick cash when needed.

sydnee21 06-20-2012 06:54 AM

There is a folder over at WPLH where some of the girls share some of the better/higher paying HITS they come across throughout the day. This can really maximize your time if you are only a "free time Turker."

Work Place Like Home

disneygal84 06-20-2012 07:27 AM

Thank you all so much for the info! I think I will try it out! If I have any more questions I'll let you know! :D

msuggitt 06-20-2012 08:35 AM

Mturk can work for earning money, but there is a big learning curve. You can lessen that by searching this site and googling for 'how to make money with mturk' or similar terms. By taking the time to learn the tricks/tips before you start will save you a lot of wasted time searching down good hits.

I know some that do well on the very cheap hits, because they can cram a lot of them in quickly - so don't overlook them so quickly.

Again, I'd learn first, then jump in because I think you'd do much better. I also know that there are quite a few people doing very well with both PostLoop and Clickworker (if you can qualify for the google rating tasks) ...... Try each of them to see which one you like the best.

cmkstar 06-20-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perfectgopi (Post 2979966)
It is a good small tasks site, but we can't earn a decent money here. To earn a good amount you must be from the US or you should have transcription, writing skills. Otherwise it is not possible to make even $2 here.

@cm
How do you make $0.1/minute here? On which requester's tasks you work? I am from India. I can't even find high paying tasks here. They are all reserved for US workers.

Well I'm in the US, so that probably helps. I keep my options open, but I look for $0.05 hits that I can do in 30 seconds or less, $0.03 that I can do in 15 seconds or less and so on. Multiple tabs helps.

I won't discuss any specific people I work for because I belong to another forum just for mturk (not sure if it's ok to post the name here) and it would undermine their work. Transcription is easy to earn at least $6/hr on. Writing tasks have been hit or miss lately but those are easy to pound out at a decent rate when you find them. Surveys I'm much more selective on... I won't waste my time on a 20 minute survey that pays $1, that's $3/hr and not worth it to me. The best advice I can give anyone about mturk is to read, read, read and to not undersell themselves.