Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Web & Office > Virtual Assistants

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Registered WAHM

Question I'm stumped! (Arise.com)

This question is for anybody who has or is working for Arise. I'm trying to figure something out. They say you need to have an "analog" landline phone installed in your home but everywhere I look the phone companies offer only digital service. I just got a line from Charter.com. Can I use that with Arise? Are there any companies in the South Carolina area that offer "analog" service or can you use digital phone service (VoIP)??

Any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks!

Last edited by avonlady916; 02-04-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: removed excessive punctuation !!!!!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to IrishChik

From what I understand it just needs to be hardwired, so cable company or telephone company is fine. They just dont want over the computer or wireless telephones. I have Charter and it works just fine for me and no one has said anything.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:48 AM
Registered WAHM

Cable schould be ok.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Not sure that cable is OK. My local cable company offers broadband "cable" phone and they market it as "digital cable phone service". I think when they say "analog". they simply mean "regular" phone service. that would not include anything marketed as cable, broadband, or VoIP. So any phone from a cable company which require a modem or any service from companies like Vonage would be out of the question. Reason is that these types of phone service have line voltages that drop and increase like crazy and therefore have a great potential to cause line drops and equipment failure (which is going to be a big no-no in a business environment).

I could be wrong. Best bet is to contact them and ask. Only they can give you the appropriate answer.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Super WAHM

Default No, Cable won't work

You need to have POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) I went through the whole rigmarole with them about this. It's a royal pain in the butt and one of the main reasons I decided not to complete my training with them. I also couldn't afford to drop another $500 to become incorporated in my state
Old 11-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Not Voip

I used to work with them and I had my phone line through Verizon. The main thing I remember is that they said no Voip.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:49 AM
WAHM Regular

what type of company is this
Old 12-24-2011, 05:00 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Yeah I was actually wondering the same thing. What company are you working for through Arise?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Their website will explain it all. You either have to incorporate yourself or join an existing VSC and work under them. Then you have to pay Arise for their ACP101 course which is just learning their website. ($99). Of course everyone passes so they make that money off of you. You then have to pay Arise for a Background check ($13-26). Then you pick a client that contracts with Arise and PAY for training (100-250). Then you have training anywhere from 3 -5 weeks UNPAID. If you get through it all then you get paid an hourly wage averageing $9.00 an hr depending on the client. You have to stalk for hours each week and grab em. I tried this and kick myself for paying someone to give me a job. Some like it and some don't. I didn't.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to BethInHarmony

The best place to confirm any of the technical requirements with Arise are with their tech support; however, unless it's recently changed, cable is considered VOIP, so phone service does need to be a plain old telephone line, but you don't need to pay for any additional services and in fact should not have call waiting, voice mail, etc. on the line, so you may be able to save on that. I would also check with tech support, but you may also be able to save on your phone bill by just having local call service, since your calls are going to be inbound.

There are some fees associated with Arise, but people can join other VSC's (independent business partners) and avoid having to pay to incorporate.

This ad will disappear if you login