Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Closed Forums > Usborne

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Super WAHM

Hi girls--

For all you experienced reps....is there a wish list form you can download or do you make your own?

I'm trying to prepare for a Book fair and need something for the teachers/students to fill out!

Thanks for your help!!!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Super WAHM

Never mind....I found it on www.readingisagift.com and then clicking on consultants only and everything was right there!!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:53 PM
WAHM Master

Congratulations on getting a bookfair! I'm curious as to how you are going to incorporate the teacher/student wish lists?
Old 09-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Super WAHM

This is such a great time of year to incorporate "Christmas gift ideas" so I'm having each teacher fill out a wish list then put titles on 3x5 card and have those at the book fair table..parents can then buy/donate a book to their teacher ( I have the cards for knowing which parents donated book).
For the students...have them fill out books they liked and send them home with child the day of book fair (which happens to be parent-teacher conf) and then parents know what their child liked!!
Make sense? I'm SO excited to see how this all works out....and even more to see how much $$ goes back to the school in FREE books!
Old 09-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi Huskerfan,

How are you doing your book fair? I've been wanting to do one, but I have no inventory to sell. I'm just not sure how well it will work with just an order only book fair. Which are you doing?

~Mel
Old 09-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Super WAHM

I also have a small inventory also but I think it's all in the presentation. The school I am doing is the one my kids go to so I know alot of the parents/administration AND I'm doing it at Parents Teacher Conferences which I'm sure will help too.Plus, the idea of these make GREAT Christmas gifts!!
I'm also trying to promote my website...I wish people knew how easy it is to make a wish list and then place an order!
Let me know if I can help you futher!
Old 09-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via MSN to domsmom

Melmn~

Don't worry about not having any inventory to do a bookfair...

My Super Supervisor (Dawn B!) always says this: "Why would you want to limit their choice to only 50 choices or so when they can browse the catalog and choose from over 1300+ titles!!"

Makes sense to me! She does quite a few and says nobody ever complains about having to order instead of cash & carry!

Best of luck to you.....I've been too chicken to try and get a book fair in yet....but I'm working on it!

Vickie
Old 09-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Super WAHM

Oh...come on, Vicki---you gotta try!! It's really not that hard or too much work--at least, my hasn't been so far!!
I'll let you know how mine goes!!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:38 AM
WAHM Addict

Did you guys know that you and your customers can make wish lists on your website for any occasion?

Baby book- showers! Have mom's-to-be make out a wish list on your site- and then her friends/family can go shopping for the baby- to get the little one off to a great start with a library!

Adoptions

Birthday's

Graduations - our Science Ency.is a GREAT 8th grade grad. gift (although in my opinion..they should have it by 4th or 5th grade...lol)

Christmas

Charities

Teacher appreciations

Church nursery/library wish list

The possibilities with the wish lists (and Usborne) are endless![img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

Dawn Berkley, Supervisor ~ www.ReadingCanBeFun.com

This ad will disappear if you login