Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Default TranscribeTeam.com Hiring

Hi, would just like to let anyone know that is interested in transcription work, that Transcribe Team is hiring. You can check out details here: http://www.transcribeteam.com/workers/

We need people who are interested in doing regular work online for general transcription and editing/reviewing of transcripts. We break audio that we receive from customers into a maximum of 10 minutes of audio so you don't need to set aside lots of time to work. You can work when you have time. We also have a steady stream of transcription projects so there is always work available.

We pay $0.40-$0.65 per audio minute depending on the quality of the work. We pay weekly (every Sunday) via PayPal for all work that you've completed. We have a support team to help you out with any questions. We are trying to make it easy for anyone who is interested in transcribing and wants to work flexibly and from home.

So please feel free to apply if you are interested here: http://www.transcribeteam.com/workers/

We'd be happy to answer any questions you have as well. Thanks.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Registered WAHM

Is your company affiliated with Rev? Because almost everything on the page - style guide, test audios, pay rate - is exactly the same as theirs.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:18 PM
WAHM Regular

This website, transcribeteam.com, was first registered in July of 2013 -- at most three months ago. The adminitrative info for transcribeteam shows that the website was reigstered by Ad Lean -- not, apparently, a real name, but another online business venture, adlean.com. The administrative contact for adlean.com is a registration service.

It's not only style guides and test audios that are the same:

Quote:
Why Use Rev?
Accuracy

Our transcriptions are 98% accurate or better, among the highest precision rates in the industry. This accuracy starts with hiring only the most experienced, educated and talented transcriptionists from around the globe to join our team.

Second, we will assign a project to only one transcriptionist at a time, ensuring consistency as well as quality of work. Most agencies will split a project among many different workers, which can lead to inconsistent labeling, formatting and poor quality control.

Finally, we have senior transcriptionists review all projects for quality and consistency, ensuring our clients receive exactly what they come to expect from us - accurate, reliable, professional transcription service.
Quote:
From transcribeteam:
Accuracy

Our transcriptions are 98% accurate or better, among the highest precision rates in the industry. This accuracy starts with hiring only the most experienced, educated and talented transcriptionists from around the globe to join our team. We have senior transcriptionists review all projects for quality and consistency, ensuring our clients receive exactly what they come to expect from us - accurate, reliable, professional transcription service.
Without being pedantic, this is not the only copy that appears to have been plagiarized by transcribeteam from the rev.com website.

The "team" photo on their "Who We Are" page appears to have been ripped from this article.

I would love to hear transcribeteam's take on how and why this is, but in the meantime, re-read this post and be very careful!
Old 10-03-2013, 08:45 PM
WAHM Regular

Whoever they may be, that's a pathetic rate of pay.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo View Post
Is your company affiliated with Rev? Because almost everything on the page - style guide, test audios, pay rate - is exactly the same as theirs.
Totally understood about your concerns. We are part of the same team from that article. And I understand about some of the verbiage being similar. We purposely used similar verbiage and audio so that people working for a competitor don't need to do the sample audio twice. Maybe that wasn't a good decision. AdLean is the parent company and yes we are a newer company. So while I understand your concerns, we're not trying to pull a fast one.

We're just looking for people who are interested and if you feel hesitant because we are a newer company, then I totally understand.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:01 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you for replying to our concerns. I still stand behind my earlier points above, as I have not been able to find any verifiable real-world information about individuals associated with either transcribeteam or adlean, which is -- for me -- a huge red flag.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoetteB View Post
Thank you for replying to our concerns. I still stand behind my earlier points above, as I have not been able to find any verifiable real-world information about individuals associated with either transcribeteam or adlean, which is -- for me -- a huge red flag.
No problem. Thanks for writing back. We're based out of Arlington, VA. AdLean is just an advertising company, which is the parent company. I'm guessing there is not a lot of real-world information on us because we're relatively new. We were just trying to make people aware that we were hiring. You can literally just apply and if you have good transcribing skills, you will be accepted. We were trying to make it easy for people to join. I apologize if it came off any other way.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcribeteam View Post
Totally understood about your concerns. We are part of the same team from that article.
So are you based in Arlington or Sweden?

Quote:
Magine’s founding team. CEO Erik Wikström is second from left; product head Mattias Hjelmstedt is on the far right.
From WhoIS:
Quote:
Registrar: domaininfo.com
Domain Name: magine.com

[Owner of domain name]
Tvoli Holding AB
Primusgatan 112, 2tr
Stockholm, 11267
SE

[Administrative contact]
Frobbit AB
Ledasa
Lovestad, 27571
SE
Have I misunderstood?
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Super WAHM

According to an ad on mtstars the company is based somewhere else.

TranscribeTeam.com Hiring
Quote:
Transcribe Team is based in Washington, DC, USA.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:53 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoetteB View Post
So are you based in Arlington or Sweden?

From WhoIS:

Have I misunderstood?
We are based in Arlington, VA. Right outside of DC. I'd be more than happy to let you register on the site, poke around, and even do a job if you'd like. If there is anything questionable you can let everyone know. We're honestly just looking for people in the U.S. who are interested in doing transcription work. You don't have to pay anything to start. We don't ask for any sensitive information. The only thing we ask for other than your contact information is your PayPal email address so we know where to send payments to. So again I totally understand your concern and would be more than happy to let you and anyone else who is interested log in and see how it works.

This ad will disappear if you login