Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Speechink and Mturk?

Hello everyone. I recently registered with the sites, Speechink and Mturk to get started or to try the testing application but my question is, do I need to wait for days just to have an account at Mturk? I didn't thought they needed some reviews before they activate my registration.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Registered WAHM

Hope someone can help me here. I wanna work at Speechink
Old 07-23-2012, 08:20 AM
WAHM Regular

I was able to sign up for SpeachInk the same day I registered with MTurk. You will nave to take various qualification tests, depending on what kind of work is available.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicholic23 View Post
Hello everyone. I recently registered with the sites, Speechink and Mturk to get started or to try the testing application but my question is, do I need to wait for days just to have an account at Mturk? I didn't thought they needed some reviews before they activate my registration.
I'm sorry to say there seems to be a hold on new accounts at mturk. I can't find anything from amazon on this, but threads are starting in forums about people not being activated. In and out of the US.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra View Post
I'm sorry to say there seems to be a hold on new accounts at mturk. I can't find anything from amazon on this, but threads are starting in forums about people not being activated. In and out of the US.

YES. I am one of those who registered for MTurk several days ago and have YET to receive an email to begin. I keep getting this message:

Your registration is being reviewed

Figures! UGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 07-30-2012, 03:42 PM
WAHM Regular

I suspect they're probably trying to figure out a way to cut down on the spam that's made mturk all but unusable in the last several months. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon and everyone can go back to doing hits as normal.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to deannatroupe Send a message via Skype™ to deannatroupe

I don't know about holds on new mturk accounts. I do know that I was able to get a rating from SpeechInk for basic transcription. Whoo hoo! I'm so excited. I needed a way to practice to get my speed back up. Hang in there. I'm sure it will work out.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to deannatroupe Send a message via Skype™ to deannatroupe

Okay well it looks like I was a little premature. It seems as though you have to score a certain score to do the speechink transcriptions. I am just a few points off.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:47 PM
WAHM Addict

I haven't done any hits for SpeechInk, but I *think* I read somewhere that you can contact them and tell them you'd like to do hits for them. If you're very close on your test scores, they will add a few points for you so you can accept some hits.

I'm almost positive this is what I read, so I hope that helps! It wouldn't hurt to try.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannatroupe View Post
Okay well it looks like I was a little premature. It seems as though you have to score a certain score to do the speechink transcriptions. I am just a few points off.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Count me in as another who recently signed up for Mturk and is in the holding pattern. *sigh*

I got on with LF as a rater but I was really hoping to get things going with Mturk and others to help with the slow times. Our family business is kind of slow now, too, and (like all other adults) we have bills coming up.

Aren't these just grand times we live in? *snark*

I feel a chocolate break coming on...quickly.

This ad will disappear if you login