Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:04 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Does anyone work for Speechink?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know if any of you worked for Speechink, and if you do what is the pay like?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-07-2012, 06:34 PM
WAHM Regular

I signed up to get qualified to do work for them through M-turk, and signed up on their website, but haven't got the test. M-turk says I have a qualification of "0" and that I will be sent a test but I never get it. I've checked my spam and it's not in there either. How did you get the test?
Old 06-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Registered WAHM

Email them directly. Use the contact link at the bottom of the hit to contact them, or use the email on their website. I have to be manually activated.

On another note, the pay is reallllly low. It is great practice though if you are interested in getting contracts with company who provide recorded statement transcription. I used the skills I learned from SpeechInk to format my test transcription for another company and got in because of that format. So it's not wasted effort, but the pay in comparison is horrible.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:25 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Working for Speechink

I've working for them now a couple of months. I've done transcription in the past and now retired. If you're looking to make a paycheck it's not great but if you're looking to supplement your income...it works for me. I'm on SS now and this works for me as I can work when I want and under no deadline. I've made anywhere from $40 to $100 a week, just depends on work available and how much you want to work.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by charri449 View Post
Email them directly. Use the contact link at the bottom of the hit to contact them, or use the email on their website. I have to be manually activated.

On another note, the pay is reallllly low. It is great practice though if you are interested in getting contracts with company who provide recorded statement transcription. I used the skills I learned from SpeechInk to format my test transcription for another company and got in because of that format. So it's not wasted effort, but the pay in comparison is horrible.
Thank you. I was finally able to get the test by contacting them this way.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:29 PM
WAHM Regular

What is M-turk? I've been on the site but is it basically a listing of odd jobs for little pay? LOL. I assume you have to test to get on with them?
Old 07-08-2012, 05:57 PM
WAHM Regular

I looked at the speech ink site and all it said was register with Murk or whatever? LOL. Do you need to create a speech ink account?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Super WAHM

You need to register with both Mturk and Speechink in order to do any Speechink hits.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered WAHM

If you are interested in M-Turk and SpeechInk you may want to request your M-Turk account as soon as possible. There is an activation freeze right now because they have too many workers and non enough work. They are activating workers on a first come first serve basis and I'm sure that list isn't a short one.

This ad will disappear if you login