Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Focus Forward - When did you hear back?

I recently completed the Spanish to English transcription test for Focus Forward... I'd really like to get this job and I'm super anxious to hear back. For those of you who have applied, how long did it take you to hear back(regardless of whether the results were positive or negative)? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sadie1Lady1

They are very hard to get on with for transcribing and they only pay around $25 per audio hour, if I remember correctly. And you should hear something back within a week-ish.

HTH
Old 04-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Super WAHM

They pay $40 per audio hour for English transcription and more for Spanish to English.

Join Our Team

I have never applied so I don't know how long they take to respond.

Good luck, Caridad!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:37 AM
WAHM Regular

I worked for them for about 4 months while learning. It took about 3 weeks to get my acceptance email. As for the pay, English was $40/AH but I have noticed recently that they are offering 10% to 15% extra on a lot of jobs. It was a great learning experience, but I am very glad I moved on to better pay and a less stressful TAT. The people were extremely nice.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawp11 View Post
I worked for them for about 4 months while learning. It took about 3 weeks to get my acceptance email. As for the pay, English was $40/AH but I have noticed recently that they are offering 10% to 15% extra on a lot of jobs. It was a great learning experience, but I am very glad I moved on to better pay and a less stressful TAT. The people were extremely nice.
What was the expected TAT for most jobs? I'm trying to get in to work on evenings and weekends, I'm hoping that my availability won't count against me too much in the selection process.

Thanks all for the replies so far
Old 04-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Registered WAHM

I just tested with them, too Caridad! I, too, am hoping to get evening and weekend work with a company.

Good luck to you!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjeffs View Post
I just tested with them, too Caridad! I, too, am hoping to get evening and weekend work with a company.

Good luck to you!
Thanks, good luck to you too! I'll update the thread when I hear back in case anyone is interested in knowing how long it took/their response.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Their regular TAT is 24 hours. You post how much audio you can do to their system. You can choose less than 30 minutes, 30-45, 45-60, 90, or greater than 90 per day. They send out an assignment and it is due 24 hours from when they send you the e-mail. At least on the English side, most assignments are either 45 minutes or more. I think if you pass for the Spanish side you can do the English stuff also. They have more English I think. Good luck to you!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Their regular TAT is 24 hours. You post how much audio you can do to their system. You can choose less than 30 minutes, 30-45, 45-60, 90, or greater than 90 per day. They send out an assignment and it is due 24 hours from when they send you the e-mail. At least on the English side, most assignments are either 45 minutes or more. I think if you pass for the Spanish side you can do the English stuff also. They have more English I think. Good luck to you!
That doesn't sound so bad. When I was doing transcription before, I was expected to finish up an hour of audio in 5 hours flat from when I received it -- now that was stress! I figured most places worked like that, what a relief... I'd even get the luxury of taking breaks lol
Old 04-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:

When they "send out assignments", do they send out mass emails of a list of assignments for people to claim?
Or do they send assignments to you personally for you to choose from without you having to worry about being the first to claim them?
And how often do these emails arrive?

This ad will disappear if you login