Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Express Scribe

I am having trouble with playing a real player audio on Express Scribe. Does anyone here know what I need to do to make it work?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 01-02-2011, 02:57 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SoccerMomx2

You can try Wave Pad to convert it. I had a situation like that a while back. Someone sent me a file to transcribe, but the tracks were identical even though in Wave Pad they were different. I converted the second one and it worked fine after loading it up in Express Scribe.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:21 PM
WAHM Regular

I tried converting it and it did not work. I get an error message. When I try to play it through Express Scribe it says "unable to load Real Player DLL."
Old 01-03-2011, 07:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Express Scribe doesn't work with the latest version of RealPlayer. If you recently updated RealPlayer, you will need to uninstall it and then download an earlier version. Go to Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel, then after it's uninstalled, use this link to get an older version. Download RealPlayer 11.0.0.674 - FileHippo.com
Old 01-03-2011, 07:50 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Express Scribe doesn't work with the latest version of RealPlayer. If you recently updated RealPlayer, you will need to uninstall it and then download an earlier version. Go to Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel, then after it's uninstalled, use this link to get an older version. Download RealPlayer 11.0.0.674 - FileHippo.com
Great, I will try that when I get home from work today. I did download the newest version because I did not have it on my computer and the project I'm working on requires Real Player.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Awesome WAHM

Great response. I'm also having the same problem with Express Scribe. Thanks so much for the information.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Okay, that worked. Now I have another issue with ES.

I downloaded an audio .wav file, which I don't normally have a problem with playing in ES. But in this case, I can download it just fine. But when I try to play it in ES, it says "opening audio file failed". So I tried to convert it with the Switch Sound File Converter to an mp3 and when I do that it says "the specified source format could not be read".

Do I need to change the settings somewhere in ES to make this work? I've been able to play other audios in ES just fine. I'm not very good with the technical side of ES so anyone who is a lot more experienced in it that can help me would be great.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sadie1Lady1

That sounds like a file issue: like it didn't download properly or it got corrupted. Try downloading it again and try opening it in a different program if it still doesn't open in Express Scribe. If you still have a problem after that, notify your company that the file won't download right.

HTH
Old 01-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default express scribe?

where do you use express scribe for?I saw that it is something you can download.What kind of clients can you use this for?
thx
Jan
Old 01-11-2011, 02:35 PM
WAHM Regular

I use ES for everything I type. It is free to download. I've not had any trouble with it until now. But I don't think this issue is a ES problem, I think it's an audio problem.

This ad will disappear if you login