Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Transcription job for a beginner

Hi..I have been trying to find a non phone job for over 2 months. I do kgb and weegy. KGB takes too much of my time and I earn very little from it for all the time I put in. Is a transcription job better in pay compared to kgb for the time you put in? i have never done transcribing before. Do they hire beginners for this job? Where do I apply? How much can I earn per hour? Any suggestions is highly appreciated. I'm really in need of extra income.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 12-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Registered WAHM

Send a message via AIM to bbrown0322 Send a message via Yahoo to bbrown0322

I have been trying to find other jobs that you don't have to be on the phone with as while. I have applied to a lot but have got nothing back yet. I do work for quicktate. Im not sure where you go to apply for it though. I know they are always hiring though. And for most people you hear back withina couple of days. I don't know what the other companies for work for pay. But quicktate pays a quarter of a cent per word when you first start out. And after 6 months you are eligable to join their dictate team which is half a cent per word. It isn't, that is why i am looking into others as well, but at least it is something. They are for the mosty part busy during the day with back to back voicemails. But on the weekend there isn't to much work. Hope this helps some.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to wife2mikejh

i am also interested in starting transcription if anyone has other suggestions

nak
Old 01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Beginning transcription

Hi, I'm new at transcription also. I do a lot of work on Amazon as a Turker. They don't pay much, but I use it more like practice and just to get the experience. Try mturk.com. And then search the website for transcription and it'll show you what jobs are available.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Registered WAHM

Send a message via AIM to bbrown0322 Send a message via Yahoo to bbrown0322

I am a Turker to but i have only done a couple of jobs from there. Everytime i do them, non transcriptionist jobs, and where it says submit. It won't light up after i am done with the job so i can't submit my work. I don't know if it is just me or if there is something wrong with the system. I tried to contact amazon but it just tells me to contact the compnay that is providing the job so i do that and they dont get back in touch with me.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:44 AM
WAHM Regular

I asked a friend of mine who does transcription at home about this on behalf of another friend, and the reply was not positive. She said that most companies want someone with transcription experience to work from home and not to pay for a course if you will only work from home and cannot be flexible while you get your experience. That doesn't mean it can't happen, but that's what someone with 20 years experience who has worked from home for years has encountered.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:02 PM
WAHM Regular

I think SpeakWrite might still be hiring. Their beginning tests and formatting guidelines are pretty strict, but if you hang in there and get on with them, they're a very reliable company to work for and pay a lot better than places like Quicktate. Good luck to all!

Diane
Old 01-09-2010, 09:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Transcription is a good job. First you need to undergo training
Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Looking for entry-level transcription job?

If you are a fast typer, think you have a good ear, can follow instructions and have good computer skills.....

then email teesie@shaw.ca with your email address and I can refer you for a General Transcription position.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Super WAHM

Just to clarify, you don't need any special training for general transcription, just medical. Also, check out the folder "Companies That Hire ICs" and just apply, apply, apply. That's what I did. Google and find other transcription companies to apply to. You really have to take the bull by the horns. Make sure you go over your resume and tailor it to transcription. Highlight anything in your work experience that would apply.

Also, a lot of transcription companies are members here and in other transcription forums. They look at your posts as samples of your English and typing skills so it's in your best interest to make sure you use proper punctuation, spelling and grammar when posting.

HTH, Lisa

This ad will disappear if you login