Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:52 PM
WAHM Regular

My mind was set on going to CareerStep but after seeing MT Chat, I started considering M-Tec. There is just some reason I can't let Career Step go, I really want to go there. My question is, if you went to career step did you have any problems finding a job afterwards. Thanks
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-12-2008, 01:38 PM
WAHM Regular

There have been recent discussions here in regards to this topic.

Please check out these threads if you haven't already done so.

http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=550659

http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=550149

I went to CS and I had no problem finding work.

Energy
Old 04-12-2008, 01:49 PM
WAHM Regular

You can (as a potential student) also contact CS at forum@careerstep.com if you would like to gain access to their message boards and discuss your concerns with students currently going through the programas well as graduates.

Goodluck!

Energy
Old 04-12-2008, 01:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks so much
Old 04-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Awesome WAHM

I'm a Career Step graduate. I took part in the Spheris Training Track and had my job offer within 24 hours of receiving my final exam results. It's not the only option out there, but was ideal for my situation.

Good luck with your decision! Edited by: MTinTexas
Old 04-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered WAHM

I loved careerstep and had an offer from the company that was #1 on my list 4 days after graduation. I would def. recommend career step.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:38 PM
WAHM Regular

I just graduated from CS a few weeks ago. I started out part time IC, but had 2 awesome job offers on the same day this past week. Then a third company called me and asked me if they could email me some info on their company. That was all this past week. The company that I decided to take full time (am still keeping my PT IC job too) told me they don't normally hire newbies, but will only consider CS grads. Straight from the horse's mouth. Not saying the other schools are bad, but both companies that made me full time offers this week said basically the same thing about CS grads. Both were AWESOME companies to work for and all the research I did on them showed that their employees love working there. HTH! Edited by: skiphickory
Old 04-20-2008, 01:19 PM
WAHM Master

I loved Career Step. [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Registered WAHM

Did you do the Platinum or Gold program? Also, are the $200 text books worth purchasing? Did anyone miss not having an instructor? TIA for your answers.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Awesome WAHM

I enrolled in the gold. You can always upgrade to platinum down the road for the same cost, IF you feel you need it. The forum is great and you'll quickly learn who is hiring and where grads are getting jobs just by networking.

I got the textbooks because I wanted to be able to study away from my computer. If you have a laptop, it might not be so bad but at the time I had a desktop and it was really nice to be able to lounge on the couch with a textbook and/or take it outside while my son played in the backyard, etc. Also, my learning style was one that it helped for me to highlight terms and to re-write some things. It's a personal preference. It is basically a carbon copy to the online course. You can print some of the lessons, but if you want a hard copy of everything, you'd be better off buying the books then trying to print it all yourself!

This ad will disappear if you login