Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales: Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More Companies > Thirty-One Gifts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:35 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Planning to join Thirty One, but nervous!

Hi! I'm planning on becoming a Thirty One consultant after Aug. 15th (I want the fall enrollment kit!), but I'm nervous about starting my business. I don't want to come across as pushy to friends and family and I'm afraid I won't know what to say at parties, especially if I don't know the customers. I'm not that outspoken, will there be training to tell me what to say and how to answer customer questions? I've only ever been to one Thirty One party and that was the first time I was introduced to the company. That was 3 months ago, so I don't know much about the products yet and at the time I wasn't paying attention to how the party was run, just the great products and food Any help for a newbie?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Super WAHM

First of all...welcome!! You will love Thirty One :-) The best advice I ever got was to just be yourself. It is ok when you first start (and even years in) to not have every answer, so don't let that scare you. I am still learning the names of all the new product, there's so much this Fall Catalog. If it makes you feel more comfortable at your shows write yourself some note cards with key points you want to touch on. I do the backwards catalog party, so I hold a catalog and work from the back, that helps me to remember to point everything that I want out!

As far as seeming pushy, you will want to work on getting out of your immediate circle of friends and family. My family members have actually never had a party for me! Something else you want to keep in mind is to not take no's personally. They are not saying no to you, they are saying no to the offer. Also, when asking someone to have a party make it about them, and what you can offer them (a girls night out, free products, 1/2 off product, exclusive product)...you have to take you out of it. Don't approach it as them doing you a favor because you are offering them an awesome opportunity!

I wish you the best of luck! I love Thirty One and what it has done for me and my family, and I am sure you will love it too :-)
Old 08-05-2013, 02:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacurtis2 View Post
First of all...welcome!! You will love Thirty One :-) The best advice I ever got was to just be yourself. It is ok when you first start (and even years in) to not have every answer, so don't let that scare you. I am still learning the names of all the new product, there's so much this Fall Catalog. If it makes you feel more comfortable at your shows write yourself some note cards with key points you want to touch on. I do the backwards catalog party, so I hold a catalog and work from the back, that helps me to remember to point everything that I want out!

As far as seeming pushy, you will want to work on getting out of your immediate circle of friends and family. My family members have actually never had a party for me! Something else you want to keep in mind is to not take no's personally. They are not saying no to you, they are saying no to the offer. Also, when asking someone to have a party make it about them, and what you can offer them (a girls night out, free products, 1/2 off product, exclusive product)...you have to take you out of it. Don't approach it as them doing you a favor because you are offering them an awesome opportunity!

I wish you the best of luck! I love Thirty One and what it has done for me and my family, and I am sure you will love it too :-)
Thanks for your advice! Do you feel the business supplies included with the enrollment kit prepared you enough to have your first party or did you have to learn everything yourself?
Old 08-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jande14 View Post
Thanks for your advice! Do you feel the business supplies included with the enrollment kit prepared you enough to have your first party or did you have to learn everything yourself?
I felt like between the kit and all of the resources on Thirty One Today that I was well prepared!! That is one thing that is definitely not lacking with Thirty One...they provide a lot of resources, training and product to make sure you are prepared. As long as you seek out all of that info you will do great. Did your sponsor ask if you wanted to attend her C&C meeting this week? C&C's are bi monthly training meetings that Directors and above run. They are a great resource for training and networking. I have someone who is signing with me on the 15th and she's coming with me as a guest to the meeting I attend on Wednesday :-) It will be a nice way for her to learn all about the next few months and what is coming up!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacurtis2 View Post
I felt like between the kit and all of the resources on Thirty One Today that I was well prepared!! That is one thing that is definitely not lacking with Thirty One...they provide a lot of resources, training and product to make sure you are prepared. As long as you seek out all of that info you will do great. Did your sponsor ask if you wanted to attend her C&C meeting this week? C&C's are bi monthly training meetings that Directors and above run. They are a great resource for training and networking. I have someone who is signing with me on the 15th and she's coming with me as a guest to the meeting I attend on Wednesday :-) It will be a nice way for her to learn all about the next few months and what is coming up!
That's great! I'm really excited about joining and I hope it's a good fit for me. Everyone I've talked to so far has been very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Plus, I love their products

Nope, I haven't been invited to anything yet. I'm actually still waiting for some information she was going to send me in the mail.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jande14 View Post
That's great! I'm really excited about joining and I hope it's a good fit for me. Everyone I've talked to so far has been very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Plus, I love their products

Nope, I haven't been invited to anything yet. I'm actually still waiting for some information she was going to send me in the mail.
Are you local to her? If you are I'd just ask when her C&C is and see if you can come with her as a guest (if you feel comfortable asking of course).
Old 08-06-2013, 04:56 AM
WAHM Regular

I am new too, and I had all those same worries. There are a ton of resources available. I may not have enough experience to be giving advice, but for what it's worth, one thing you can do is really learn the products & catalog (if you don't have one, ask your sponsor if she can give you one). Read all the little details about personalization, read the product descriptions, look over the measurements. If there's a product you've never seen in person, google it for pictures of the inside, ideas for uses, etc. Pinterest is great for that too. As soon as you sign up, you'll have access to the online training. Right away, I printed some of the most important things so I could read them & could keep them handy. There are videos and training calls you can listen to...I do it all from my phone anytime I have a few extra minutes. In your kit, there are printed party cards to give you ideas for your script. I took ideas from the online party videos as well, and I outlined my own script on pink index cards. There is an abundance of training available to you, but it's up to you to take advantage of it.
Like you, I also worried about being pushy, but I really think once people get their hands on these products and see how great the hostess rewards are, they're much more willing. And I took the advice of making it about them, not about yourself. Instead of "Can you help me by having a party?" say "I'd love to help you earn some free products!"
My first two parties have both been very small, but in my first week of selling, I earned Level 1 of StartSwell & Level 2 of Ready, Set, Sell. If I can do this, you definately can!

This ad will disappear if you login