Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Thirty-One Gifts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile Thinking about becoming a consultant....

Hi guys, I just found this forum while googling Thirty One I am thinking about becoming a consultant because I love that the company is faith based and I love the products.... I also have a 9 month old son and I'd love to one day be able to make enough money with Thirty One to stay home with him. That being said.... I do have a 9 month old son.... and a husband, a house to take care of, and a 40 hour a week job. So I'm torn as to whether I have time for it right now. But then again, if I could start doing it now maybe I could go to working part-time or working Thirty One from home full-time in a few years. Does anyone else do Thirty One and also have a full-time job and a family? How do you make it work and what kind of schedule for Thirty One do you have? Do you HAVE to do parties to make this work? I don't know that I could do that many right now.... also, if I get into it and see that it's not for me, are there penalties for quitting? Any advice, suggestions, information, tips, are welcome and would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-31-2011, 01:59 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to akerr1117

When I started with company just over 2 years ago I worked full time and 3 small daughters (at the time they were 2mo, 2.5 and 5). My job was 40+ hrs a week with lots of extra hours working from home. I started with Thirty-One because I needed to get out of the house occasionally and hang out with adults/women! This was the perfect outlet AND I made extra money to boot! My husband sells cars and works all day Saturday plus until 8pm 3 nights a week. What I had to do was calendar block. There were certain nights a month that I was available to work/do parties - these were the nights my husband was home. My goal was 2-4 parties a month. Along the way I grew a team (which is now 600+) and this past August I quit my FT job so I could make this my FT job. I could have done so long before now, but I was not ready to leave my other job at the time. Needless to say that even though I work my 31 business FT, my calendar has not changed. I still plan on 2-4 parties a month and I only am available for parties certain nights a month. I take a calendar with me to the parties. The days I want to work are highlighted in green (green=money) and those are the days I will do parties. Catalog parties are the exception - I will do those anytime!

In answer to the 2nd part of your question, do you need to do parties to make this work? Yes and no. There are certainly plenty of people who maintain a business without doing in-home parties. I think you will find the majority of people; however, do in home parties because that is where the money really is. You will make much more at one home party than by taking individual order s on average. A $500 party will get you $125 in commission. That is $41/hr for a 3 hour party (which is about the max time you should spend at a party). That is great money for the time investment.

If you decide it is not for you, there is no penalty for quitting.

Good luck on making your decision. There are SOOOO many consultants in similar situations to you and they are having lots of success! Let us know if you have any other questions! We are happy to help!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Super WAHM

I just started in September, I work 40+ hours at my job, and have a 14 month old and Im loving Thirty-One. I have been able to collect some orders outside of parties but found that the money is in doing parties, like PP said. Im working slowly, my goal is 2 home parties and 2 catalog parties per month. This has been more than enough to pay some extra bills and cover Christmas this year! Now Im working on building my team but at my own pace. Im hoping to be able to stay home with our next child, so Im building and shaping my business around that goal.

Ive been with other direct sales companies, but Thirty-One is not like any other company! The support and amount of resources that are given is amazing. I have met some truly awesome women and made great friends so far.

Theres lot of ladies here that are very knowledgeable and more than willing to help!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks Angie & Emily for your posts! I appreciate the information.... I feel like this is doable for me, now I just have to convince my husband Any advice on that??? LOL Seriously, I like your ideas about only booking a certain number of parties per month and only on certain nights. Angie, it's very encouraging that you have been able to make Thirty One your full-time job! I would love to do that.... so is there a career path / business plan that they make available to help you figure out how to do that, if that's your goal? Again, thanks so much!!!

-Shauna
Old 11-01-2011, 02:41 PM
WAHM Fanatic

There is a Career Path document that lays out exactly what you need to promote up thru the levels and then what the payout is at each level. I'd be happy to email it to you if you send me your email.

As for getting your husband on board...I suggest having him talk to your potential future sponsor's husband/significant other. My hubby talks to other hubby's occasionally about how much time it takes, how he helps out my business and things like that.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered WAHM

I think she is single.... not married, for sure though. I'll have to find out Thanks for the advice!! Also, I IM'd my email address to you, thanks!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:13 PM
WAHM Regular

I have a 2.5 year old and I also work fulltime. I joined Thirty-One in January. My goal is to not have to work my fulltime job anymore, within the next 3 years. I'm on my way... just promoted to Director this month!
It is definitely do-able. My husband was really not sure about it when I joined, but he is so supportive now. He's so glad I finally found something I LOVE doing... and I'm making good money while doing it!
Quite honestly, I do mostly online/catalog parties. I do maybe 1-2 home parties a month (usually 1). But probably also 2+ online catalog parties. Work well.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Registered WAHM

Well, I signed up this morning!! Yay! I can't wait to get my pink box....

Thanks for the reply, Crystal! That is very encouraging to me that you're having such success and are doing mostly catalog/online parties!!

Angie, Emily & Crystal - I also wanted to thank you guys for posting and Angie, for emailing me some info.... I had already posted that I was thinking of signing up with another Consultant, so you guys had nothing to gain by answering my questions and emailing me.... that speaks volumes to me about how you guys feel about Thirty One!! Thanks again and I will update on my progresss later on!!!

Shauna
Old 11-02-2011, 03:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Good luck!!! And enjoy it!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:04 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Woot! Woot! Very excited for you! We are always happy to help here so come back if you have more questions OR - even better - as you become an experienced consultant come back and help others! Best of luck in your new business.

This ad will disappear if you login