Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Thirty-One Gifts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Vendor Event/Booking Ideas

Hello fellow 31 sisters! I am a 31 consultant is North Carolina looking for ideas for holiday bookings. I have hit a road block! Thanks for any advice! traci_thomas@bellsouth.net
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-20-2011, 06:46 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtyonegiftsbiz View Post
Hello fellow 31 sisters! I am a 31 consultant is North Carolina looking for ideas for holiday bookings. I have hit a road block! Thanks for any advice! traci_thomas@bellsouth.net
My best advice is to call up your customers and make sure they are happy with their products. Then I would mention the October Specials to them and see if they are interested. That is an awesome special and I have gotten a new team member and my hostess from last October is going to rebook as soon as I told her it was the special again. Our Large Utility Tote and our Organizing Utility Tote are our two most popular items. It is the perfect special to book those shows.

Also, lots of towns are having Fall Festivals in October and November. Call around to Chambers of Commerce and ask what they are doing. Some churches have them also and you can set up a booth.

HTH
Leanne
Old 09-21-2011, 06:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks Leanne! I have some vendor events set up but will always do more if I need to. My problem with getting new business is that my area is saturated with 31 consultants. I have decided to move to neighboring cities to get new leads.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Awesome WAHM

Question Booking up your Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtyonegiftsbiz View Post
Just ran across your post. I thought I'd share some ideas I shared with my team a few weeks ago.

Hi Ladies, Just wanted to share some ideas with you

Woohoo....I spent a couple of hours (on the phone) yesterday booking up my October and part of November. Each week I have one party and one event. I was going to keep trying to get bookings and events, but want to keep the rest open for bookings off of my parties. I just wanted to share some of them, in hopes it will help some of you who might be needing ideas:

Places to check for events: Craig's list, churches (women's Christmas luncheons and boutiques), MOPS groups, schools (more and more schools are doing Winter Festivals), Farmer's Markets, Veteran's Day events at small airports, hair salons, pizza parlors/family restaurants, retirement communities, small clothing boutiques, co-vendor events (just call reps from other companies and ask them if they know of any), Chamber of Commerce (for upcoming city festivals), Libraries (women's business meetings), Soccer events (our team member Alice has done both picture day and meet the coach day), Other sports events (check on-line for tournaments, etc..they like vendors there), teacher conferences, actually conferences in general, Managers (to offer to help them with personal shopping for Christmas gifts), Pie and Pizza Bingos (Celebrating Home reps do these sometimes..I join my CH friend when she does hers), Car Shows (women like having non-car things to look at), Fall fashion shows, brides (set up a bridal registry),.....

I prefer parties to events, but still do events on occassion. If you have no bookings on your calendar, vendor events are a great way to get the parties going...usually they don't cost much and there are opportunities for leads, sales always vary..some ok..some great..some no sales..but I've always gotten something out of an event, even if it is down the road.

If your potential hostess has excuses because of her house or time, offer to do: an office lunch time party, an after work trunk show, a park party, restaurant party, party at your house, co-hostess party, etc.

Carry around a weekender with product in it...when the opportunity arises, open it up, and do a mini show or one on one consultation. Always be prepared with catalogs, order forms, etc. especially this time of year.

Hope this helps..
www.facebook.com/1405827246347113

Last edited by accents4you2; 10-03-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default P.S.

And of course book your own party...make it a party, not an open house....

P.S. Also, call past guests from parties and share your excitement about our upcoming specials..and add that you would love to help them earn free and 1/2 price products...(have a script ready)...and call people from your fair pads too.
www.facebook.com/1405827246347113

This ad will disappear if you login