Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Thirty-One Gifts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:12 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Shipping Issue

Has anyone run into people not wanting to order because of the shipping cost? I have a hostess who has people interested in ordering but are turned against ordering because of the 8% shipping. How do you suggest to overcome this objection? Does anyone have a shipping comparison chart that shows the 8% shipping versus what it would really cost to ship certain items?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:49 AM
WAHM Regular

i know 8% sounds like a lot,,,but really that's .80 cents for every $10 dollars. Most companies (not all) charge between $3-6 dollars flat rate shipping. a flat rate would sound better.
I would remind them, that 8% is only $3.20 if she spends $40 and that is NOT a lot. much less than companies that charge 5.95
Old 08-25-2011, 01:53 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fneal View Post
Has anyone run into people not wanting to order because of the shipping cost? I have a hostess who has people interested in ordering but are turned against ordering because of the 8% shipping. How do you suggest to overcome this objection? Does anyone have a shipping comparison chart that shows the 8% shipping versus what it would really cost to ship certain items?
No, I have never had one person complain about the shipping. They all think it is very reasonable along with our prices.

Our shipping is VERY fair. I have gone to some parties and had to pay like $4 plus 15%. The $4 wasn't an optional charge. I agree. If they only spend $30, they are paying $2.40. I can't even ship a hostess packet across town for less than $5 (well 4.95).

Some people are just cheap. I bet they don't complain to JcPenney or any other catalog that they order from. Shipping costs are always involved even if they are built into the price. Don't project the opinion of one or two people on to everybody. Most people are prepared to pay reasonble shipping. And our shipping is very reasonable.

HTH
Leanne

This ad will disappear if you login