Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Thirty-One Gifts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered WAHM

Default I am trying to decide between 31 and Scentsy

I have been trying to make my decision between joining 31 or Scentsy. I love both the companies products, but I am still having trouble making a decision. I sometimes lean towards Scentsy because it is a consumable product and people will have to order more, but I have had a bag obsession for many years and love 31! LOL Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Amy
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 01-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Awesome WAHM

I battled the SAME thing when I made the decision to go with 31. I was a leader with Scentsy...and thinking of leaving?????? Was I nuts? LOL

Well...I went with my heart, my gut & the passion I had for 31 products, values, sponsor & it felt right!

I to was a bit worried about the "reorders" and consumable items. But I have never had to worry about it with 31 because people want almost everything in the catalog! So there are repeat parties & customers. AND its soo new in my area that its becoming more and more popular.

Go with your heart....pray about it. Its a TOUGH decision. But once you make it...you should feel good about it & put 110% into it.

Think about your whys? what you expect? what you want? what are your goals? Where do you want to be in 1year, 2 years....20 years? Then see which company works for YOU & your FAMILY!

Best of decisions!!! I dont envy your position....I was once there & its tough! LOL

Leaps & Dreams Team
Old 01-14-2011, 02:29 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to akerr1117

Amy - that certainly is a tough choice. I love Scentsy as well. I can tell you that I have several former Scentsy reps on my team. I think one thing that makes Thirty-One a "consumable" product is that EVERYONE has gift-giving opportunities all year long. You always know of someone who is having a birthday, or a teacher appreciation gift, shower gift, new baby/mother gift. There is always something. And we have something to meet all of those needs! When the economy turned south, people gave up buying things for themselves, but they did not stop buying gifts when necessary - now they may not have spent as much as they would before but they still bought those gifts. And what better gift then an item is personalized for that special person.

The other thing it is very easy to upsell customers. They buy a purse of course they are going to want the matching wallet, a zipper pouch to hold things, and on and on.

I sold jewelry before and everyone loved it, but it was only for a certain niche of people who like jewelry. But if they were a jewelry person then they spent lots, but if they weren't then they didn't. With Thirty-One I have yet to find a person that does not find something they like! It truly is amazing.

Feel free to contact me if you would like more information on this amazing opportunity!!! Now is a great time to try Thirty-One because our new Spring/Summer catalog debuts February 1 and the new enrollment kit begins tomorrow!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Super WAHM

I love Scentsy too. But sometimes I can have "too much" Scentsy. I love Thirty-One because there are so many PRACTICAL uses for our products - they meet the needs of everyone, not just people who love to burn "candles" and have pretty smells in their home. At ThirtyONe there really is something for everyone! :-) Go with your gut! If nothing else, it's worth giving 31 a try b/c of the great products you can get in the enroll kit for $99!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via AIM to beachchef

to add to the great answers above - no backaches with Thirty-One! I LOVE me some Scentsy but can't imagine carrying all that to a party. With 31, I have one tote for paperwork, and one, maybe two utility totes full of our bags. I can make it into a house in one trip. They say "make your job look easy"....and it sure is! This is a real plus for me having come from a kitchen company that was breaking my back!!!

And wait until you see our new spring kit

Last edited by beachchef; 01-15-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:54 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate31 View Post
I love Scentsy too. But sometimes I can have "too much" Scentsy. I love Thirty-One because there are so many PRACTICAL uses for our products - they meet the needs of everyone, not just people who love to burn "candles" and have pretty smells in their home. At ThirtyONe there really is something for everyone! :-) Go with your gut! If nothing else, it's worth giving 31 a try b/c of the great products you can get in the enroll kit for $99!!!

I agree with you Kate. I am one of those gals that just does room sprays from Bath and Body works. But I have always loved Thirty One products and see something in every catalog. As a matter of fact, I truly wish that I had purchased some of the letters that were in teh Brown Damask fabric that they had a few years ago. I also LOVE the Brown Damask Thermal Liners.

I think women always want to add a new purse or something new for their home. Of course, I do know women that love some Scentsy too.

There are alot of ladies that do both too. Nothing wrong with that! I don't know how much it costs to get started in Scentsy-probably about the same as us.

HTH!
Leanne
Old 01-15-2011, 11:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes Leanne, it is the same to join Scentsy. I do both, and love 31 actually. Very funny... Kahne was my director with Scentsy, and now my director with 31. I just wish I would have followed her a year ago!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:41 AM
WAHM Regular

personally- i'm a bag girl! go for the bags!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Scentsy vs. 31

Im a consultant with Scentsy and I love it!!! In just 1 yr. I was promoted to a Director- It can be a hard decision but,seeing as how Scentsy is a new company and just this week we announced we can sponser consultants in the U.K. and Germany it is the opportunity of a lifetime to get in on a ground-floor company and grow with it while its in it's infancy- i will be happy to answer any questions you may have Let me know if you want more info!
Kelly Harvey Scentsy Director Illinois
Old 01-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default variety of products

It can be a very tough decision when you love two product lines. However, I think when it comes to selling a product, a variety is so much better than just having 1-3 products to offer. If someone is sensative to fragrance or doesn't like the burners, what do you have to offer them? With a company like 31 and others that offer a variety ,there is a better chance that people will find things they like and continue to buy things for gifts. I think Scentsy is a great product, I would buy it and hostess shows, etc...but when it comes to offering a product to customers, I think the more you have to offer, the better. That fits my personality better...you have to decide what fits yours.

Take both catalogs around to your friends, family, and co-workers and see which one gets the most interest. You might find people love both.....in the end you might have to just ask yourself if can stay excited and motivated selling one type of product (for the most part) or if you are the kind of person that needs variety and lots of new products to keep you going.

Just my 2cents....

Take your time...Best Wishes on your decision.

This ad will disappear if you login