Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Thirty-One Gifts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Scentsy Consultant Looking to Join Thirty-One

I Love Scentsy, and I am NOT leaving the company, but I have been looking for another DS company. I am very seriously considering Thirty-One (or Initials?).

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm wondering where I might find the following information:

-- commission and promotion structure
-- payday and pay process
-- incentives and bonuses
-- sales requirements/quotas
-- starter kit
-- qualification kit
-- other "kits"
-- hostess program
-- shipping/delivery turn-around time
-- can consultant also be hostess (to get the rewards)
-- transition (from current catalog to the next one) how often? when? what happens?
-- pros and cons of signing up now (vs. waiting)
-- other associated/optional costs (website, etc)
-- training/education offered
-- an other consultant perks
-- is there a list of the number of consultants per state?
-- important rules - any big no-nos?
for instance: What are the restrictions on having a booth at events? Selling online, etc?
-- is there a copy of the rules that I can see prior to signing up?
-- anything else I need to know?

I'll probably have more questions later, but I'd like to sign on with a company THIS month.

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 01-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hello Pika,

I used to be a Director with Scentsy...left it to go to Thirty One a year ago. I have MANY ladies on my team who are leaders with Scentsy & do extremely well with Thirty One.

Even a few that are now leaving to mainly do Thirty One.

I would love to provide you with more detailed information. You can email me at: 31kahne@gmail.com

Warmly,
Kahne Witham

Leaps & Dreams Team
Old 01-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Awesome WAHM

Here are the answers as well

-- commission and promotion structure: 25% to start.... Up to 34% as you develop a team. 2%-9% bonuses. $1,000, $3500, $5000, $7500 for Promotion Bonuses. Gen 0 is ANYONE below us that does not have a Director between them & you. Gen 1 is all Directors below you & their team. Gen 2 Your Director's…Director's. And so on.

-- payday and pay process: We are paid bi-weekly. It is through Direct Deposit on the 10th & 25th of each month.

-- incentives and bonuses - "Dream Rewards" just started Jan 1st. We have others that happen throughout the year. Earn Free Conference Bucks (pay for conference & hotel). Disney, Trip to Mexico, Cruise, Best Buy Gift Cards

-- sales requirements/quotas Only need to have $200 in retail sales in a 3 month period. This does not mean all in one month…it is cumulative.

-- starter kit: $99 to start. INcludes all materials you need including a Free Website for 3 months & Customer NEwsletter. Also our "Virtuous Women" Consultant Only Magazine. NEW One starts Jan 15th with the new products/prints. We can begin selling out of the new catalog Feb 1st.

-- qualification kit : Yes...I can send it to you

-- other "kits" We have a Party To Go Kit & Start Swell Qualification kit in addition to the business kit. As the catalog changes over…we are able to buy "Add on Kits" which are greatly discounted to prior consultants

-- hostess program : Yes…Paid for by the company. And Hostess Specials paid for by the company & Customer Specials paid for by them that change monthly.

-- shipping/delivery turn-around time : 1-3 weeks. Standard for me is 1- 1.5 weeks… But during busy holiday season it can take 2-3 weeks.

-- can consultant also be hostess (to get the rewards) : YES, this can be done as often as we like.

-- transition (from current catalog to the next one) how often? when? what happens? Occurs every 6 months. Feb 1st & Aug 1st. With that we get new add on kits, fabrics, paperwork coordinates with the theme, fabrics & websites. When it changes….all active consultants get a FREE Pack of New catalogs from the company.

-- pros and cons of signing up now (vs. waiting) PRO: Get to have a jumpstart on the Dream Rewards that started Jan 1st. Earning period Jan 1- May 31st. CON: Not necessarily one….Because you are still included in the current programs offered… You would be getting the current Fall/Winter kit… BUT you can get the new items as add ons for $40 (4 kits with diff items). So you could potentially have MORE in your hand!

-- other associated/optional costs (website, etc): Replicated website is Free for 3 months. Then it is $9.95 thereafter. IMN (I make News) newsletter free for 3 months…then $3/mo after.

-- training/education offered: In addition to my Team exclusive training, hired outside coaches, speakers etc… The home office has a huge training program for each level. Videos, website for us, conference calls, webinars, hundreds of tools.

-- an other consultant perks: Discounts throughout the year… Free Catalogs for active consultants when catalog changes over, Free Meeting Supplies & Prizes for all leaders who hold our company sponsored bi-monthly meetings called "Celebrate & Connect". FABULOUS!!

-- is there a list of the number of consultants per state? Yes…but this list does not reflect ALL ACTIVE consultants. Only consultants that have signed up & ordered a kit to date.

-- important rules - any big no-nos? No Ebay sales…. No Craigslist Sales…

for instance: What are the restrictions on having a booth at events? Selling online, etc? We can sell via our replicated sites….NOT external sites. We can sell at bazaars, expos etc…We can have fundraisers, we can do cash & carry. Inventory is optional

-- is there a copy of the rules that I can see prior to signing up? I believe you said you had this… If not, I can send it to you.

-- anything else I need to know?: We have various regional trainings, special trainings for consultants & leaders nationwide.....The list goes on and on.

Leaps & Dreams Team
Old 01-09-2011, 12:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Kahne's an awesome director and really helps her consultants do well. I'm under her =)
Old 01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the info. I am also considering joining.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm with Scentsy too!! I just joined in December..I'm going to join Thirty One on the 15th. I too think that Thirty One will be a great add-on to my Scentsy business. I love Scentsy, but, I also see awesome potential with Thirty One. Can't wait to join!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Awesome WAHM

Are you allowed to be Directors in both companies? I was just wondering what would happen if you earned Directorship with both companies.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Super WAHM

Hey Brenda, I don't know if anyone has answered your question yet but I do believe you can be Directors with two companies as long as you don't actively cross-recruit. If they ask YOU about the opportunity you are free to answer their questions though.

I am currently a Team Leader with Just Jewelry and have already started growing a team with Thirty-One! My goal is to be a Director by National Convention in July!

~Thirty-One~

Last edited by Angie Bricker; 01-17-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: repetitive wording
Old 01-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks for answering this Angie.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Registered WAHM

Default good luck

good luck - I hope you do well!

This ad will disappear if you login