Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Thirty-One Gifts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:35 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile How do you "get your name out there?"

Would love to hear how you advertise your business? How do you "get your name out there"? How do you tell people about 31? How do you find out about vendor fairs, etc? How do you approach businesses for parties/open houses, etc?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-02-2010, 07:17 PM
WAHM Master

Well, I don't know if I have much experience with 31 to help you but I have been in Direct Sales for 7 years. The most cost effective way to break into new circles are booth events. That could be craft fairs, or just setting up in Salons or Gyms. Calling them up and asking to set up a table for a time and do a drawing and just promote your biz. Go into it with that goal in mine "to promote your biz"

What I tell my downline is to determine what your goal is for each event. If it is far away, bookings may not be your goal, it might be sponsoring in that area. You might be open to driving two hours for one or two parties but it is pretty hard to build a business driving that far to every party. Once you determine your goal, every aspect of your booth should go toward that goal. So let's say your goal is to sponsor. you would set up your tables to show more of what you get by starting up, what the discount is, basically what is in it for them if they wanted to join. If your goal is to break into new booking circles, your display shoudl be geared toward what a hostess can get for a certain price for having a show.

Your talking points should be about booking, etc.

I think most people will tell you that print advertising is not a good investment. I know some have had better luck with the online advertising but again, I think you have to know what you are doing, where to place your advertising dollars etc.

My upline is having a 6 week training course with Deb Bixler. One our first call, we talked about a Sales Funnel. I was such a great visual about what we need to be doing in our business and what to do to keep our leads moving down through the funnel. I think Deb Bixler's website is Home Party Plan Training-Direct Sales Marketing-Direct Selling Motivation I really made me realize that even though we are in a party plan business, to bring in new and fresh customers, we have to get out and create different streams of leads to put into our funnel. So that is why I have signed up for several booth events this Fall. (I really do not like doing booth events at all) And I have been handing out catalogs like crazy. I am going to be leaving some with some business cards like crazy everywhere. I am also going to get either a magnet or a sticker for my car so bring in other people. I might even do some fundraisers. I have never done a fundraiser because, quite frankly, I haven't been willing to give up my commission. Most of the organizations around here want 50% too so no way to do that with 31. But Deb Bixler made mention of something that really rang true for me. She said the reason to do fundraisers is because you will expose your product to someone who would never ever come to a home party. A light bulb went off in my head. Now, I will still have to work to find some where I am not having to give up more than 20% but I am hopeful.

So, don't know if I have helped but those are my ideas anyway.

Leanne
Old 09-03-2010, 10:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks leanne! All great ideas!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:44 PM
WAHM Regular

If you have any old postcards from the spring/summer line- put your name and wesite on the postcard and make sure you put on there "New Fall/winter Catalogs are Out!" Or something like that- then leave it with your tip at a restaurant, mail in a business card with your monthly bills- the same person doesn't open the mail everymonth at big companys- start a facebook fanpage (that's great exposure) -
Old 09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne McGarr View Post
Well, I don't know if I have much experience with 31 to help you but I have been in Direct Sales for 7 years. The most cost effective way to break into new circles are booth events. That could be craft fairs, or just setting up in Salons or Gyms. Calling them up and asking to set up a table for a time and do a drawing and just promote your biz. Go into it with that goal in mine "to promote your biz"

What I tell my downline is to determine what your goal is for each event. If it is far away, bookings may not be your goal, it might be sponsoring in that area. You might be open to driving two hours for one or two parties but it is pretty hard to build a business driving that far to every party. Once you determine your goal, every aspect of your booth should go toward that goal. So let's say your goal is to sponsor. you would set up your tables to show more of what you get by starting up, what the discount is, basically what is in it for them if they wanted to join. If your goal is to break into new booking circles, your display shoudl be geared toward what a hostess can get for a certain price for having a show.

Your talking points should be about booking, etc.

I think most people will tell you that print advertising is not a good investment. I know some have had better luck with the online advertising but again, I think you have to know what you are doing, where to place your advertising dollars etc.

My upline is having a 6 week training course with Deb Bixler. One our first call, we talked about a Sales Funnel. I was such a great visual about what we need to be doing in our business and what to do to keep our leads moving down through the funnel. I think Deb Bixler's website is Home Party Plan Training-Direct Sales Marketing-Direct Selling Motivation I really made me realize that even though we are in a party plan business, to bring in new and fresh customers, we have to get out and create different streams of leads to put into our funnel. So that is why I have signed up for several booth events this Fall. (I really do not like doing booth events at all) And I have been handing out catalogs like crazy. I am going to be leaving some with some business cards like crazy everywhere. I am also going to get either a magnet or a sticker for my car so bring in other people. I might even do some fundraisers. I have never done a fundraiser because, quite frankly, I haven't been willing to give up my commission. Most of the organizations around here want 50% too so no way to do that with 31. But Deb Bixler made mention of something that really rang true for me. She said the reason to do fundraisers is because you will expose your product to someone who would never ever come to a home party. A light bulb went off in my head. Now, I will still have to work to find some where I am not having to give up more than 20% but I am hopeful.

So, don't know if I have helped but those are my ideas anyway.

Leanne
Wow, excellent points. I'm not in 31 but I hope you ladies don't mind if I absorb some of the excellent tips.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Registered WAHM

Great information Leann. I learnt a lot. I will also check the link you included.

This ad will disappear if you login