Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Thirty-One Gifts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Questions about Thirty One

I sold LS jewelry...I had a few parties then business seemed to stop..I would love to know if any of you are truly making a profit with thirty one?

Just a few questions..

How much to start with Thirty One?

How much do you have to sell to stay active?

What % do you make to start?

Do you have more catalog shows? Home shows?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 11-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Awesome WAHM

Im not a 31 rep...but recently asked the same questions... I can send you the docs I got.

Leaps & Dreams Team
Old 11-30-2009, 06:10 PM
WAHM Regular

I would appreciate any info you have...

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:38 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to akerr1117

Bridgett,

I too sell LS. I discovered 31 in the Spring when my LS upline started selling it. She lost her team after a medical situation caused her to take a couple of months off. She approached me about selling 31 because there was almost no one selling in our state. I resisted for several months. I decided to give it a shot because I figured for $99 I didn't have much to lose. And the stuff was so cute and fresh - very Vera Bradley-ish. I have 3 daughters and love to put their names on everything too!

Well needless to say my 31 business took off immediately. I got my 1st recruit when I sent out my "starting a new biz" email out - so 2 days in and I had my 1st recruit. She had never seen a catalog or the product in person. This month I promoted to Senior Consultant in October and this month I promoted to Director. I only started in July and I have a team of 20 wonderful women - 2 of them are current LSers as well.

The thing with 31 is there is so much opportunity. Yes you absolutely can make money. You get 25% to start. As a senior consultant (means you have 2 recruits) you being earning commission on them (2%). And it doesn't matter how long it takes for you to get those 2 recruits - there are no time periods they have to start between like with LS.

To stay active, you need to submit $200 in orders in a rolling 3 month period. That does not have to be a party order that can be individual orders.

I do both catalog/online parties as well as in home parties. I also get a lot of indivdual orders. For instance if someone has a friend who has a baby, they will order something for me for the new mom. I didn't get many individual orders with LS. Very rarely did someone come to me with an individual order. Not true with 31. I get lots of individual orders for people who are looking for gifts.

I think - especially in this economy - women are hesitant to buy things for themselves. We are always putting everyone else first - kids, husbands, friends, etc. That hurts the LS biz because we often don't spend $$ on ourselves. With 31, women always have someone to buy gifts for - birthdays, new moms or just more stuff for their kids That is what makes 31 tick. People always have gifts that need to be purchased.

I would be happy to send you info or speak with you further. My upline director has an informational conference call for people interested in learning more about the business. You get a free gift just for calling in. The calls are on Monday afternoons and evenings. Tonight's call is at 9pm - I would be happy to give you the info.

Feel free to email me at akerr1117@sbcglobal.net
Old 11-30-2009, 06:44 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I also forgot to mention you get your website and newsletter free for the 1st 3 months and have the chance to earn it FREE for 12 months with the Start Swell incentives (along with lots of other great items).

I think that is it....
Old 12-01-2009, 04:46 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via AIM to beachchef

Great info Angie - the only thing I want to add is a question that has come to me a few times - regarding individual orders. A few of my girls wondered if they could be lumped together and submitted as a party - absolutely! I had a bunch that I submitted a couple days ago, acted as the hostess myself - so I got hostess rewards plus commission back on this party! Its a great thing! The only thing I would suggest watching is that you are not holding up some of the orders too long waiting for others to make it enough to count as a party. And remember these are orders handed to me - not thru the website - those you have no control over. Often times too, if I have a show going on, I will add a single order to the show, helping out the hostess and she is thrilled!

Its a great company - you will find most of our stories are very similar - you promote fast with 31 and getting in now is a great thing while we are still young! Cindy
Old 12-02-2009, 05:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Thanks!!!

Thanks so much for the info!!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Registered WAHM

Cool About selling Thirty One in 2012

Hi ,
I have been wondering about selling Thirty One ....but now in 2012. I see these posts are from several years back. Is there anyone currently on this site who sells or still sells Thirty One and now that its been around for several years do you still think its as good as it was when it was just new.

Have the percentages that you get paid changed ? How many shows or orders do you have to put in to be concidered active ?

What are your thoughts on this now ?

Donna J
Wisconsin (southern) and how do I find a great team to join ???
Old 08-17-2012, 10:15 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I just celebrated with my 3 year anniversary with the company on July 29. I have to say that joining the company now is better than it was 3 years ago. We have so many systems and tools in place now that we didn't have when I started. All of which make business easier for the consultants.

Our products continue to expand and improve. The patterns are always on trend for the season.

Also when I started so many people had never heard of Thirty-One. So getting our name out there was a challenge. Now many people know and love Thirty-One and that is great. But there are also so many people out there who have still have never heard of us. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Now is a great time to join. You can have your business up and running just in time for the busy holiday selling season. Imagine a debt free holiday! How awesome would that be?

If you'd like more information, I would be happy to help you as would any of the other consultants on this board. You can call me at 217-766-5953 or email at angie@angie-kerr.com
Old 08-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna J View Post
Hi ,
I have been wondering about selling Thirty One ....but now in 2012. I see these posts are from several years back. Is there anyone currently on this site who sells or still sells Thirty One and now that its been around for several years do you still think its as good as it was when it was just new.

Have the percentages that you get paid changed ? How many shows or orders do you have to put in to be concidered active ?

What are your thoughts on this now ?

Donna J
Wisconsin (southern) and how do I find a great team to join ???
Angie was able to speak from the perspective of someone who has been with the company for many years, and I just wanted to add my perspective as a newer consultant! I am loving Thirty-One and am able to be succesfull doing something fun, that I enjoy :-) I have found that a lot of people are familiar with Thirty-One, and this has worked to my advantage! They know and love the product and are anxious to have parties. I have also been able to start building a team (4 girls right now, and growing!) because so many women see what an awesome opportunity Thirty-One offersand want to be a part of it!

As far as finding a team, there are a few options you have! Start talking to some of us here :-) There are a bunch of great ladies on this board that would love to sponsor you and have you on our teams. You could also call Thirty-One (1-866-GIFTS31) and ask for a local consultant. You could go on Home | Thirty-One Gifts | Thirty-One Catalog Purses Totes Bags and "Find a Consultant", although they may not be local (not that that is necessary). I always tell people who are looking in to joining to talk to a few different leaders and see who they click with! What are their goals? How will they support you in your goals? Do they answer you promptly and completely? Are they excited for you! But most importantly, what is you gut feeling!

GL in your search! We look forward to having you as a part of the Thirty-One family!!
Kim

This ad will disappear if you login