Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Telecommuting Moms

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to zooey Send a message via MSN to zooey Send a message via Yahoo to zooey

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that parameds.com is hiring. I know there are mixed reviews in the threads about this companyso I thought I would give a thumbs up for thiscompany. I have worked w/ them for 3 months now. I have been paid on time every payday, and the pay is accurate. This is an Independent Contractor position. The bigger case load you carry the more money you make. I have been given permision to post the email address you can send your resume to if you are interested. The email address you should send your resume to is Esther.smith@parameds.com if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 PM
WAHM Regular

I sent you a pm!

Lisa
Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Awesome WAHM

I just went to www.parameds.com Is that the company that you are talking about? Even after reading the site, I still don't understand what it is that the company does, or what the IC position would be for.

Sorry to be asking a "newbie" question, but I am fairly new to the boards (within the past month) and I have obviously missed the previous threads.

Thank you for any light you could shed on the subject!

Havs

Old 06-20-2006, 08:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to zooey Send a message via MSN to zooey Send a message via Yahoo to zooey

when you go to Parameds.com Click on the HTML Site, then click on the link that say APS ( its in the middle of the page) this will give you an overall idea of what the IC does. There isnt any direct links on the website for job opportunities. I originaly found the job on CraigsList. Anyway I got the ok to give a brief description of what the positon consists of. I was told by my supervisor that once you send in your resume they will send you more information about the job. The job you want to apply for is "Records Retriever", This is all phone and computer work, but no selling. You are calling specific Dr's offices to collect medical records on specific patients. The training is unpaid, and does take awhile to get thru but the job is worth it if you like phone jobs. The more cases you can handel the more money you make. VOIP service is used for the phone so you must have a High Speed internet connection, and also need a customer service background. Because of the nature of the information you have and will be dealing with before they hire you the will ask you to send a copy of your picture ID and your SSN # so they can do the background check. I was kind of leary about giving out that info before I was hired but understood it was needed. Compensation for the job is $4.00 per case that records are retrieved. You are paid every 2 weeks but you will not get your first check untill you have worked for them 1 month. They make darn sure that you are not just trying to work with them to get ahold of the sensitive information you will have access to. Sorry if this was long. But wanted to try and answer as many questions as I could w/o breaking any confidentiality rules I am bound by. Hope this helps.

zooey
Old 06-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I did want a bit of clarification:

Quote:
</font>You are calling specific Dr's offices to collect medical records on specific patients.
Are the doctor's offices expecting you to call to ask for this info? With stringent HIPAA rules, I cannot imagine that Dr's offices would just blindly hand this info out to anyone who calls and asks for it.

Other than that question, I think I get it. Thank you!

Havs</font>
</font>
Old 06-20-2006, 09:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Havs,

You are correct about the strict HIPPA regulations. They are very strict rules and can sometimes make you want to pull your hair out. This is why you have to have a criminal background check before you are hired. The Dr's office can only release records once a signed HIPPA compliant authorization is received. You have to fax the authorization to the Dr's office(via the computer). Some offices will only accept mailed authorizations. Each office is different. Just to clarify you as a retriever are not being sent the medical records. You are just facilitating getting the records from the Dr's office to parameds.com who then gets it to thier client. Hope this helps.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you Zooey for posting the lead and the info[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Tanya
Old 06-20-2006, 11:05 PM
WAHM Regular

This job would be right up my alley. As a Disability Claims Reviewer,
one of the responsibilities we had was to call the doctors offices to
either obtain medical records info( like admit and discharge dates on a
patient), or verify various treatments on a patient, and to get
treatment plans, etc. I have 9 years experience in this field. I did
apply and I hope to be chosen. This is one of those rare lifetime
opportunities, ya know? I never thought a wahm job would become
available where I actually have the exact experience for the job.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:59 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Is there another email address?The one you listed in your original post was returned.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:35 AM
Awesome WAHM

thanks for the lead[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Arcy\'s Attic - Ebay Store

This ad will disappear if you login