Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Telecommuting Moms

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Lionbridge, Appen Butler Hill and Leapforce

I'm new to the site and seeing a lot about Lionbridge, Appen Butler Hill and Leapforce.
Can someone please explaine the difference between the three? Any positive and negative feedback, if you are currently working for one of the three or have worked? If you no longer work for one of them, please explain why not. Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-05-2012, 02:23 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi there. Welcome to the forums.

Leapforce, Lionbridge and Appen Butler Hill are companies that hire people to rate web pages for search engines. The positions they hire for might be referred to as search engine evaluators or web assessors. From the understanding I get, you can apply and test for all three companies but you will only be allowed to work for one. I might be wrong (or at least partially wrong) about that, so I suggest you see how much you can find out about the accuracy of it before you take my word for it.

Lionbridge and Leapforce contract with the same search engine company and Appen Butler Hill contracts with the competing search engine company. All three companies offer part time positions and all three require extensive testing as a part of the application process.

I don't work for any of the companies so I can't provide any feedback about the work or what its like working for them. I have, however, tested for two of them. The tests are very extensive. For me, they are rather difficult too but the experience was enlightening. I failed the test I took for one company two times and I am currently in the testing phase for another one.

As I said, I can't answer all of your questions but there are many threads here that you can read through to find lots of information about either of the companies. I hope you find what you need. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Super WAHM

LF and LB contract with one company.
LB and ABH contract with another.

So LB jobs can be for one of two clients.

They all pay reliably and on time. Most positions are hourly, but there is a role at LB and ABH that is per task unit. All are subject to the usual challenges of being an independent contractor: no benefits, no pay if you aren't working, your project can be cancelled at any time or you can be laid off. They don't hire in all states or countries.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
you can apply and test for all three companies but you will only be allowed to work for one. I might be wrong (or at least partially wrong) about that, so I suggest you see how much you can find out about the accuracy of it before you take my word for it.

I applied to LionBridge and received an email to continue with their testing. This is what they stated regarding applying to both LB and LF:

"It is important that applicants inform us if they have ever entered the exam with Leapforce in the past as failure to do so may lead to access issues in the exam."

Because of this, I voluntarily told them I had previously tested with Leapforce (thinking that I may just need to sign into the testing site with a different email address). I received an email back stating that I could not continue in the testing process because I had tested with LF. SO....LESSON LEARNED! If you decide to test for both of these companies, I suggest using a different email address and do not volunteer any information regarding previous testing. I have since been hired with ABH and very happy with the project that I'm about to begin (tomorrow actually). Good luck.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:44 PM
WAHM Regular

To extend the question, is the pay rate, reliability and such the same with all three? It sounds like they are almost interchangeable but you have to make a choice which you want to test with. i would hate to make the wrong choice! Any negatives on any of them?
Thanks!

This ad will disappear if you login