Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Telecommuting Moms

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:14 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs down Shorttask.com is a SCAM

Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone on here know that shorttask.com is a scam site. Like the name says, they have short tasks there for people to work on, almost like mTurk, however, that's where the similarity ends. Most of their tasks are people trying to pay people to click their affiliate links.

I did a task on that site over a month ago, that was supposed to pay me $13.00. All they wanted was for people to sign up at some webpage. Nothing but your name and email address. I said "why not," and I went ahead, figuring that $13.00 was a good deal for just a few seconds of my time. They credited the $13.00 to my account on their site almost immediately.

Then, I try to withdraw the money out to my PayPal account, and it took the money out of the shorttask account, but never added it to my PayPal. I've been emailing these guys for over a month, and the only response I got was that they had "technical issues" with PayPal, and that the withdrawal requests would be processed once these issues were resolved. My response to this was that their issues aren't my problem, and they need to get me my money. I supplied them with my AlertPay account information, and my home address, so they could mail me a check if they have to. So far, nothing.

So, now I'm posting all about them everywhere so everyone knows not to do any work on their site. I posted at scam.com, and filed a ripoff report. I figure that if they don't think their reputation is worth $13.00, then why should I? I have all the emails and everything to back up my claims.

So, everybody, if you want to make some extra money doing short tasks to fill in the blanks, then I would suggest we all stick with mTurk. At least we get paid there.

Laurie
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Super WAHM

Hello Laurie:
So sorry to hear this happened to you. I hadn't heard of this site before, but am glad you decided to come here and warn people about it. Hopefully you can spare someone else from being scammed like you were. Thanks for posting.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:46 AM
WAHM Addict

Thank you for giving us all a "heads up" .

This ad will disappear if you login