Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Telecommuting Moms

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Typethat.biz Legit?

So I was finally offered a job on odesk and it was from typethat.biz I tried looking up the website + scam in google search. Found one complaint about non-payment. But since there are not tons of complaints that one could have been a misunderstanding. Does anyone have any information on this website? Its a captcha entry site. Anyone have any experience with captcha entry? What is a decent pay per 1K? Thanks for any info!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:05 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs down

So I got an email from odesk stating:

"A job you applied to has been canceled because the company violated the oDesk Terms of Service. Your application quota has been adjusted accordingly."

So I am just going to ignore this one. Also after looking into captcha entry jobs they all seem like scams or possibly illegal. Plus this one pays $7 per 1K which is way high compared to others. Just gonna steer clear of all captcha jobs. Back to the drawing board...
Old 04-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Registered WAHM

Default typethat.biz is not legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joline86 View Post
So I was finally offered a job on odesk and it was from typethat.biz I tried looking up the website + scam in google search. Found one complaint about non-payment. But since there are not tons of complaints that one could have been a misunderstanding. Does anyone have any information on this website? Its a captcha entry site. Anyone have any experience with captcha entry? What is a decent pay per 1K? Thanks for any info!
Hey there, I just took two "jobs" for data entry that turned out to be "typethat.biz" & I can tell you, they don't pay what they claim +you'll never be able to complete the job.
I was "hired" by typethat.biz through Freelancer.com for $250 for a 7 day project. Typethat wants 1,000 entries per day - recommending you work 4-6 hours - AT NIGHT to get it. yea - right! Captcha images only load one image about every 2-3 mins& sometimes up to 5minutes of waiting. I'd have to work more than 17 hours per day without getting up to pee to make it to 1,000. entries - & even THAT is questionable.
1st day I worked about 2 hours - mostly waiting for images to load & was able to only do 78 entries. Some images were in arabic - so I knew I got those wrong - I don't have those keys on my USA keyboard. I looked at the "pay earned so far" under a stats tab when you're logged in & I had only earned 4 cents! I emailed typethat.biz "employer" & asked what rate I was being paid bcuz the currency on their site isn't US & it seemed to me I was only making a fraction of a penny with each entry. I even asked what country they were in. They only responded w/ "continue working" .. last night, an email came from Freelancer.com stating these jobs were fraudulent & were removed from their site. So I wasted my time, made 4 cents I'll never see & they turned out to be a fraud.
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS TYPE OF WORK!! double-check EVERYTHING with the website where the job was posted, do not give out your paypal address or any other personal info until you find out more - or find someone who actually got paid legitimately from a job b-4 you sign up for it & waste a whole day or more.
good luck! we wahm need to stick together from these scamming terrorists.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Grand WAHM

Sorry to hear that happened to you irishrose611.

When you're asked to type Captcha images, those Captcha's are usually being used to spam sites like Craigs List, Facebook, etc.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:09 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joline86 View Post
None of the captcha entry sites pay that much. Not sure about this one in particular but you can always try out megatypers. I do them when I am bored, but have not made payout because I do it like an hour a month total. It is not something that your going to get rich or even make a decent income at, so if your just looking for milk money its ok but not if you need a real income.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Registered WAHM

thanks for the info.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I would not categorize typing captcha's as a JOB by any means. But more like KFC, which really is 'cookie jar money' at best, not to be confused with a real work at home job.

It is something to do while watching TV or as mentioned above something to do while you're bored. MegaTypers does pay but you will earn something like .85-1.25 per 1000 images, which is about $1-2/hr at best. Some people peck away at MT, KFC, visit a couple of GPT sites and do a few surveys each month and do put money into their cookie jars on a regular basis.

But if you're looking for a job to pay bills, you should stick to applying for specific job postings that you are qualified for on sites such as this one.

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
data entry