Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Telecommuting Moms

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Google Hiring Ads Quality Rater - English Language

This came from Google's jobs
This is a temporary role offered through WorkforceLogic.

The area: Testing

The world-class Engineering team at Google aims to solve the most fascinating and difficult problems in computer science and make a positive difference in tens of millions of lives every day. Google engineers are always on the forefront in the creation of new and exciting products in a number of areas, and play a key role in the development of one of the world's most impressive computing infrastructures.

The role: Ads Quality Rater

WorkforceLogic is recruiting part-time telecommuters in the United States with fluency in English and an in depth and up-to-date familiarity with British culture and media to help with Quality Evaluation for websites for Google Inc., the search engine company based in Mountain View, California. As an Ads Quality Rater, you will be responsible for reporting and tracking the visual quality and content accuracy of Google advertisements. Ads Quality Raters use an online tool to examine advertising-related data of different kinds and provide feedback and analysis to Google. Projects worked on may involve examining and analyzing text, web pages, images, and other kinds of information. You will need an in depth and up-to-date familiarity with English-speaking British culture and media. Additionally, you will apply this knowledge to a broad range of interests and topics. Ads Quality Raters possess excellent written communication skills and web analytic capabilities. You will be required to work 10-30 hours a week on a self-directed schedule.

Responsibilities:
Evaluate the accuracy of Google web advertising.
Communicate effectiveness of web layouts and information via the online tool.
Requirements:
Fluency in English.
In-depth, up-to-date familiarity with British English media and with British culture.
A high-speed secure internet connection.
Legal eligibility to work in the United States. All work must be completed within the US.
Moderate ability to read and write in English. You must be able to read and write English well enough to use software with an English interface, understand complicated instructions written in English, and make yourself understood in informal written communication. This job involves frequent written discussion in English with fellow Ads Quality Raters and project administrators.

For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to temporaryjobs@google.com. Resumes that are not in English will not be considered!

Important: The subject field of your email must include Ads Quality Rater - English Language UK Specific Your cover letter should let us know how you stay up-to-date on the current events and culture of the UK as well as how much time you have spent in the UK in recent years.

I applied for this job and was finished the second exam. I start in 2 weeks. I have never lived in the UK just did a little research on the culture. The job posting is not easy too find to I thought I would share. Its a great job, direct deposit and temporary. So I use it for extra money. As I do my searches I use a search engine that gives you points. I use the points too purchase Amazon Gift cards. The search engine is SWAG BUCKS. I save the pints all year and purchase Amazon gift cards. This year I made a little over 600.00. I did all my Christmas shopping on Amazon.com. I was a ad rater for lion bridge, I write blogs so I do a far amount of searching. This Christmas is stress free because no credit card bills. I finished my job with Lion Bridge. Not much work but I have high hope for the ad rater job, maybe next Christmas I will have more money in my Amazon account.
Layla

Important: The subject field o

Last edited by cibermom; 12-10-2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: remove link
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 12-09-2010, 07:13 PM
WAHM Regular

I think I am confused about how you are paid for this position. Is it cash or are you paid with "points" that you redeem for other things.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Super WAHM

I have worked for Work Force Logic for almost one year now as a Google Ads Quality Rater. They are a great company to work for and the pay is excellent. The lady that posted the job opening was speaking about swag bucks because you can download that as a tool bar on your computer when you are working for WFL and make extra money because the more websites you look at for Google the more points you get with swag bucks, but swag bucks has nothing to do with this job.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Layla25, congrats on getting this position. I just applied yesterday...how long did it take to hear back from them?
Old 01-01-2011, 05:45 AM
Registered WAHM

Default confused

How does that work? Also, do you have to use the same email as WFL to sign into swagbucks or will any email work..just curious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by layla25 View Post
This came from Google's jobs
This is a temporary role offered through WorkforceLogic.

The area: Testing

The world-class Engineering team at Google aims to solve the most fascinating and difficult problems in computer science and make a positive difference in tens of millions of lives every day. Google engineers are always on the forefront in the creation of new and exciting products in a number of areas, and play a key role in the development of one of the world's most impressive computing infrastructures.

The role: Ads Quality Rater

WorkforceLogic is recruiting part-time telecommuters in the United States with fluency in English and an in depth and up-to-date familiarity with British culture and media to help with Quality Evaluation for websites for Google Inc., the search engine company based in Mountain View, California. As an Ads Quality Rater, you will be responsible for reporting and tracking the visual quality and content accuracy of Google advertisements. Ads Quality Raters use an online tool to examine advertising-related data of different kinds and provide feedback and analysis to Google. Projects worked on may involve examining and analyzing text, web pages, images, and other kinds of information. You will need an in depth and up-to-date familiarity with English-speaking British culture and media. Additionally, you will apply this knowledge to a broad range of interests and topics. Ads Quality Raters possess excellent written communication skills and web analytic capabilities. You will be required to work 10-30 hours a week on a self-directed schedule.

Responsibilities:
Evaluate the accuracy of Google web advertising.
Communicate effectiveness of web layouts and information via the online tool.
Requirements:
Fluency in English.
In-depth, up-to-date familiarity with British English media and with British culture.
A high-speed secure internet connection.
Legal eligibility to work in the United States. All work must be completed within the US.
Moderate ability to read and write in English. You must be able to read and write English well enough to use software with an English interface, understand complicated instructions written in English, and make yourself understood in informal written communication. This job involves frequent written discussion in English with fellow Ads Quality Raters and project administrators.

For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to temporaryjobs@google.com. Resumes that are not in English will not be considered!

Important: The subject field of your email must include Ads Quality Rater - English Language UK Specific Your cover letter should let us know how you stay up-to-date on the current events and culture of the UK as well as how much time you have spent in the UK in recent years.

I applied for this job and was finished the second exam. I start in 2 weeks. I have never lived in the UK just did a little research on the culture. The job posting is not easy too find to I thought I would share. Its a great job, direct deposit and temporary. So I use it for extra money. As I do my searches I use a search engine that gives you points. I use the points too purchase Amazon Gift cards. The search engine is SWAG BUCKS. I save the pints all year and purchase Amazon gift cards. This year I made a little over 600.00. I did all my Christmas shopping on Amazon.com. I was a ad rater for lion bridge, I write blogs so I do a far amount of searching. This Christmas is stress free because no credit card bills. I finished my job with Lion Bridge. Not much work but I have high hope for the ad rater job, maybe next Christmas I will have more money in my Amazon account.
Layla

Important: The subject field o
Old 01-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for posting this. I just sent them my info. I sure hope Google hires me.

Cheerio!

This ad will disappear if you login