Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Telecommuting Moms

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 04:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Is pickydomains, legit?

Is anyone working for pickydomains right now? I have searched about the company; there are good and bad comments about them.

I found more good comments and last week, I got registered and submitted 19 domain names that I created; the status shows, three of the domains are disliked. The rest of the domain names have no response yet.

When I search at google, someone said, his domains were disliked, but when he searched domain names he created, they were already up; he said pickydomains is a scam.

Unless there is a block to not publish the domains disliked, companies who want domain names pay $50 and assume they disliked suggested domains and ask their money refunded and then publish the domain name they disliked.

To make sure, I checked the 3 domain names which are disliked and they are not published yet.

I would have created more domain names, but if I don't get paid at least for one out of the 19, I am not going to continue.

The website address is, www.pickydomains.com

Let me know if this company is really legit; if any of you get paid from it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Lihem; 05-06-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 05-07-2010, 04:35 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I have never heard of this before, but on the website it looks like (if I am reading this right) the domain has to be registered before you get paid..meaning someone has to buy it. I could be wrong but thats what I am gathering from the small blurb on the site.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 AM
WAHM Regular

I tried it a few months ago, and only got one dislike. There wasn't enough activity for it to be profitable in my opinion. I don't know if it is a scam though.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Hey,
I signed up for pickydomains.com a few months ago. After submitting tons of suggestions, one of mine got picked "LatteForTwo" (A dating website). I continued doing it for a few months, but just for fun and not too often. The most that ever happened was my suggestions were disliked, liked, or viewed. Then (probably about 4 months after having one picked), my second one was picked "DateInADash" (A speed dating website). I have been paid for both suggestions ($25 for the first and $30 for the second because they raised their payment). When they pay via paypal, they ask users to post a positive comment on a random forum because they know how often people doubt their site.
It works and if you give good suggestions you will get picked and paid! Though, there is a lot of competition!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to khakigirl Send a message via Skype™ to khakigirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by New user View Post
Hey,
I signed up for pickydomains.com a few months ago. After submitting tons of suggestions, one of mine got picked "LatteForTwo" (A dating website). I continued doing it for a few months, but just for fun and not too often. The most that ever happened was my suggestions were disliked, liked, or viewed. Then (probably about 4 months after having one picked), my second one was picked "DateInADash" (A speed dating website). I have been paid for both suggestions ($25 for the first and $30 for the second because they raised their payment). When they pay via paypal, they ask users to post a positive comment on a random forum because they know how often people doubt their site.
It works and if you give good suggestions you will get picked and paid! Though, there is a lot of competition!
Based on this reply, I call scam. This is the ONLY post this person has made and they registered JUST to answer. This is probably Picky Domains' owner.

FWIW, I joined and submitted hundreds of domain suggestions and they were all disliked. I kept them in a spreadsheet and a few months later went back to check some of them - 11/15 of the ones I checked had been purchased shortly after I suggested them. I think that many of the "buyers" dislike all the domains, wait a little bit and then go buy the domain they really liked. There is absolutely no way around this so pickydomains CANNOT work, IMHO.

Last edited by khakigirl; 06-16-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Awesome WAHM

I have heard of this but never tried it ... seems like I have seen where some people say they've done it and been paid though. However, I seriously doubt it would be an extremely profitable venture.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Super WAHM

Default Read this

I'm gonna try it and see what happens.. I'll keep ya'll updated

Last edited by luvsdragonflies; 06-17-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:53 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khakigirl View Post
Based on this reply, I call scam. This is the ONLY post this person has made and they registered JUST to answer. This is probably Picky Domains' owner.
No, that was not a PickyDomains owner, I am, and no, we are not a scam. We do require our contributors to post online when they got paid, but not in a manner Nancy did. The idea is to post in on a blog or a forum where everyone knows you, not to go to a forum and register there, because then the effect is just the opposit.

Anynow, we are a 100% legit company, we've been reviewed by mainstream media, like San Francisco Chronicle

We've never scammed anyone, this issue is covered in our FAQ - it's 50% misinformed individuals and 50% (likely intended and paid for) competitors BS claims.

Since we didn't require our paid contributors to post before, there weren't as many posts about getting paid, but they are out there

etc.

I think around 300 people (out of 44,000 registered contributors) got paid. I should have required 'I've been paid' posts right from the beginning.

As far as other questions go - no, you won't get rich working for PickyDomains, but it's fun. Nancy's experience - getting paid a couple of times in a span of few months is typical. Our best contributors made $1000-$1500 in a span of 'lifetime' (a year or two). But we don't claim to be a full-time job opportunity. It's more of a 'five minutes every other day' and get $25-$30 after a couple of months.

If you have any questions, my e-mail is support AT pickydomains DOT com
Old 06-17-2011, 01:54 AM
Registered WAHM

Sorry, your system did not let me insert links as I was a newbie. Here they are

xxx://allbusiness.sfgate.com/business-planning/starting-a-business/4974281-1.html
xxx://www.pickydomains.com/faq
xxx://outbox.here.my/2009/02/yeah-i-got-paid-by-pickydomainscom.html
xxx://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080706214128AACvxyY
xxx://wahadventures.com/2011/05/picky-domains-put-your-creative-mind-to-work.html
xxx://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2125428.aspx
Old 06-17-2011, 05:34 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to khakigirl Send a message via Skype™ to khakigirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickyDomains.com View Post
No, that was not a PickyDomains owner, I am. *snip*
This post does prove something, though. You scour the internet (or have a Google Alert set up) for posts about your website so you can go out and defend its honor. To me, that SCREAMS scam but I might be the only one.

Also, since you mention your FAQ, I pulled out something from it that I have a problem with

Quote:
I want to become a contributor, but I am afraid your clients will steal my suggestions.

Our system tracks all suggestions each contributor made. At any time you can click ‘My Suggestions’ and see if any of your domains have been registered. We had only around 10 or 11 instances of theft out of 1500+ orders. So it’s a non-issue. Most people really do need a cool domain and $50 isn’t a huge sum worth risking a lawsuit for.
I logged into my account today to check just this. Two of the websites I made suggestions for show as "refunded" and there is no information available about what I suggested. Those accounts match up with the ones in my personal records that I found that were registered. So yes, you have a flaw in your system and you are trying desperately to hide it.

Oh and how many of the 10 or 11 fraud/theft cases have you sued? I'm guessing none and even if you did, how many cases did you win?

Last edited by khakigirl; 06-17-2011 at 05:56 AM.

This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread