Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Telecommuting Moms

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via MSN to lgreen23
Default Pearson professional scorer

Has anyone ever applied for this position? If so whats the process like, whats the job like, how long before you hear back etc...any info would be great!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Super WAHM

Hello I saw your posting and I wanted to tell you that I just got invited to score for them for a project in May. I have been invited before, but I have not accepted, but this time I did. I applied with them about 2 years ago and I first heard from them 6 months after I applied so it did take awhile. I will be testing to be a scorer in May. I also have experience scoring for CAHSEE for ETS, so you might want to check them out too, both companies pay well. Let me know if you have more questions.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via MSN to lgreen23

thanks for the reply! WHat is the process like? They asked my availability and one of the places where the posting was said they were hiring in early 2010, so maybe I am in luck this time around, who knows

what do they do next? and what is the process as far as interviews, verification, do they do credit criminal checks? do they ask for a copy of degree and etc?? Im sure they could pull it up their selves but just wanna if this is going to be a lengthy process or what.

What kind of scoring do you do and do you know what is the most needed?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I scored for Pearson last year and have been invited to score again this year. Its been awhile since I went thru the process so really can't remember. It did take awhile to hear back from them but when I did it was thru email inviting me to score. Also go to workplacelikehome.com and look under Online Tutor folder cause I know there are some threads there about Pearson.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via MSN to christinichka Send a message via Yahoo to christinichka

I am planning on scoring for Pearson for the first time in May also. I did accept one for this month but wasn't able to do it because I had some issues with getting my I-9 notarized. Anyways everything is in now and I'm looking forward to getting going
Old 04-07-2010, 08:15 AM
WAHM Regular

I got on with them a few months ago. The paperwork is a PITA, and MAKE SURE you send it Priority. Their HR is veryvery unorganized and they lost my paperwork twice (even with tracking)- they're also handling a lot of people, so it's not a criticism of them, just some advice.
There's a very long test period (which you do get paid for). Without getting too into their testing procedure, I failed for that project I was supposed to score with but invited for another batch next month. I found this a little silly because I do work for ETS- I think their system makes no sense, but obviously it does for lots of other people.

It pays well, but is a job where you need to pay full attention.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi!

Coming out of lurking to answer you, because I'm scoring for Pearson right now and it pays pretty well if you can stand to keep looking at student responses to the same question for hours on end without your eyes glazing over too much. You really have to pay full attention - I personally find that I need to take breaks pretty often just because after a while the stuff I'm reading starts to all blur together and it's important to grade accurately.

It's definitely worth trying for, though, if it's something you'd like to do. I find that individual answers go pretty quickly (I can usually get through 4-5 in a minute), and they pay something like 12 cents per response scored.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via MSN to christinichka Send a message via Yahoo to christinichka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwc View Post
I got on with them a few months ago. The paperwork is a PITA, and MAKE SURE you send it Priority. Their HR is veryvery unorganized and they lost my paperwork twice (even with tracking)- they're also handling a lot of people, so it's not a criticism of them, just some advice.
There's a very long test period (which you do get paid for). Without getting too into their testing procedure, I failed for that project I was supposed to score with but invited for another batch next month. I found this a little silly because I do work for ETS- I think their system makes no sense, but obviously it does for lots of other people.

It pays well, but is a job where you need to pay full attention.
Yikes, I wish I had sent my paperwork Priority now that I read this. I sent mine last Monday and it needs to be there by the 15th so hopefully it'll get put in and I can work this assignment at the end of May.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Default How do you apply?

I guess I missed the link, and I've looked around, but how do you apply for the scorer job?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:07 AM
WAHM Regular

Default question

do you need teaching experience to get on with them?

This ad will disappear if you login