Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Telecommuting Moms

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-16-2005, 09:31 AM
Registered WAHM

Does anyone know of skip tracing that isn't collections? Like missing person, background, etc.My husband has done missing person, backgrounds. But only through word of mouth locally. Is there any online that hire?

Kathy
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-16-2005, 10:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Petra

Do you have to have experience as a skip tracer? Any possible training online that will contract or employ you? Just curious thanks
Old 08-16-2005, 11:18 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I am also interested in SKIP TRACING. I wanted to know do you have to have experiene. How do you gain experience to work for these companies?

Elite VA Support
Old 08-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered WAHM

From what I understand you can get a job doing it with just experience. But some of the work, like crime background checks, those you have to have a license.

here's link I found that has a small article about skip tracing

http://proagency.tripod.com/ask1.html

How to get the experience right from the start? I don't know. Do a google search for skip tracing. There are tons of sites that have info. But, I don't know which company you could go withto start out with no experience. I hope someone else might be able to tell ya where to start. To learn about it though do a google search though.

Kathy

Old 08-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Registered WAHM

Hello again

I work for Webtracer currently and as of right now, they are in the process of getting new clients, so that may be why your applications have not been responded to--but I never heard of arrecovery--are they just skip tracing as well? If I can, I would love more info on them.

Webtracer, is just that--you just do the skip tracing, you do not have to deal with the collections--in fact, you just have the person's personal info given to you, such as the SSN, last know add, and that is about it on most of them. Up to this point, for me, I havent been able to get much money doing this because I think most of the accounts were very old--so there was not much new to find on them, or the people had been contacted so many times, they just didnt care any more and just had there name and addresses listed for the whole world to find, and in this case, you dont make alot of money with these easy finds.

But hopefully next week sometime we will have new accounts and hopefully a little better money.

If anyone has anymore information about any skip tracing leads--please let me know.

Thanks a bunch

Rhonda
Old 08-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi, We heard back from them today via email. They said you have to have access to a pay datebase not the free ones. Which we do. And that they are hiring on Sept 1 more skip tracers.

Yah, me too, I would love to have more leads for other skip tracing jobs.

oh, and the link to arrecovery is http://www.arrecovery.com/default.htm

but after we applied ,we haven't heard from them and I don't know much about them.If I find any others I will post more leads.

kathy
Old 09-22-2005, 12:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello,

I am new to this forum , but I too am a skip tracer. I work for a large bank out of North Carolina. I have been doing this for a little over 8 years and I really do love my job! If anyone is looking for a website that teaches you how to skip trace, as well as gives dozens of websites and I think you can buy the book which comes with an interactive CD, go to Accurateintell.com The prices are really cheap and the information is absolutely worth it!

Old 09-23-2005, 12:48 PM
WAHM Regular

I'd like to know how to get into skip tracing. I don't have any experience in that, but I am an Internet Queen! LOL! I can find anything on the internet. Do any companies hire w/o experience?

[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2005, 07:45 AM
Awesome WAHM

I would love any information any of you could give me on this.My dream job has always been to be a *Private Investigator* [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]This is very close to it [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]I have been doing alot of reading and searching on *Private Investigators*.I came across one site that you can take a class on line.It also has a forum.But any info. on Skip Tracing would be really appreciated [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] Edited by: Carol B
Old 09-24-2005, 08:37 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi,

I have been a skiptracer for a little over 8 years now, and I can tell you, I really do love it![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]You can make some decent money at it as well if you are really seriious about learning the craft. It's so much more than "just putting a name on the internet and clicking a button" Think of it as a game of chess, you have to try and outsmart the person you are looking for, try to think like them. Especially if they are hiding on purpose, those are the most fun! If you are serious about learning the tricks of the trade so to speak, you shouldcheck out Accurateintell.com. it's a website that gives you several websites to use absolutely free!![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]and free is good! However there do have a skip trace book that they sell with an interactive cd that gives you TONS more websites and the book actually goes step by step and tells you "how" to become a skiptracer! . I bought it a few months back and I found it to be quite informative and I even picked up some new "techniques" if you will to use with my day job as a skip tracer for a large bank in North Carolina. The price was really reasonable , I thought. It was something like $29.99. To me, it was worth every penny. I think they do onsite seminars for big companies and stuff like that , but , I just wanted to get some new ideas to do my job. I try to keep up to date on the different laws and statutes that come along with the territory. Anyway, hope this helps you! If you like "outsmarting" somebody else, you'll love skip tracing![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

This ad will disappear if you login