Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 12:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Default callcenterqa.org

Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this company. The name is pretty vague, so I had trouble finding any specific information around the web. Basically, you are mystery shopping call centers and reviewing them via email. They sent me an email asking me to call two companies and feign.interest in their services, then email back with a simple review, including my name, home address and #, supposedly for verification purposes.

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaepora View Post
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this company. The name is pretty vague, so I had trouble finding any specific information around the web. Basically, you are mystery shopping call centers and reviewing them via email. They sent me an email asking me to call two companies and feign.interest in their services, then email back with a simple review, including my name, home address and #, supposedly for verification purposes.
Hmm.... I could not find any info on them anywhere, either. Not on the BBB website, or ripoffreport.com. How did you learn about this company?
Old 02-05-2014, 07:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Maybe wahadventures job board? I'm not entirely sure, I do a lot of searching.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:51 PM
WAHM Regular

My first impression of this company is to be wary. I'm not saying it's necessarily bad, but I did a bit of research outside of looking up scam reports.

The company who owns the website goes by "Whois Proof LLP." They own over 31,000 other domains which strikes me as very odd. This particular domain was only registered on January 17th, 2014, so it's not even a month old, in addition. This would support buffetwoman's confusion over how there are no reviews for them anywhere, it simply hasn't been long enough.

While new sites aren't always bad, I tried googling Whois Proof LLP. The first hit I came up with was a forum discussion about a reseller site (owned by the same company) that multiple people reported as a scam.

Proof for all the above statements is here except the google result, which you can get by... well, googling.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited by jlee; 02-05-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:09 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you! I always forget I can search for that too!
The whole things seemed a little bit shady, I'm glad I went with my gut.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi all! I just wanted to jump in here on this one.

As you can see from my user info, I've been a member here for a few years. I just wanted to let you all know that I work as a VA for CallcenterQA.org, hired through Elance. I just got off the phone with the client and told him about people being wary due to the new company status. He asked me to address it on the forums that I am a member of and have been for a long time.

It is a legitimate opportunity to earn some extra money. I handle the incoming resumes and HR stuff, my client handles the actual hiring and pay, but I know people have been hired and paid as I see the Paypal emails.

It is a new company, and now that hiring has begun and people paid, the owner will be asking for reviews from them so he can prove that it is a real opportunity. It is not meant to be a full time opportunity, but for extra money as work comes in. Just like any start up, this is all just the beginning, so there will be some confusion and some bumps in the road.

As I said, I'm an independent contractor who runs my own VA business (just officially opened in January) and not an employee of CallcenterQA.com. I have over 15 years of Management, Admin Assistant, HR and VA experience. Just throwing that out there, as there was some question on another board as to MY legitimacy and experience that I had to clear up.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me or ask here.

Liz
Old 02-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Registered WAHM

Cool It's Legit

Hey just wanted people to know that CallCenterQA is a legit way to make money ! I've personally done work for them they do pay. The work I did was mystery shopping and I was paid very promptly through PayPal.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:19 PM
WAHM Regular

I am still not sure about this.

Do you really have to give real information on the calls? What information do they want on the calls? Places can sell all the information they get from someone.If it is not a real lead why does the person doing the call give real information?

The person who posted about being the HR person was helpful but people have come on here before and said companies are safe and the job is safe and then they come back and say they found out the company was not ok.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Registered WAHM

Hey everyone! Yes this is a legit company! It is like a mystery shopping company that evaluates customer service via telephone. You don't need to leave your house! I did 6 calls and emailed a brief summary of my experience and got paid via paypal the next day!
Old 02-09-2014, 06:38 AM
WAHM Regular

The email I received specifically said to give the person on the phone factual information, and that they would get a copy of the recorded call. I don't want to give out all my personal information and phone number and address ans credit card info if some company with a shady background will find out about it. The fact that they want two test calls is shady enough. I've seen places like this just use the "tests" and never hire anyone.

This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread