Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Registered WAHM

Default NewCorp and Free DirecTV Service

I was hired today for NewCorp...yay me! I start the training class July 15. I was told that I receive free DirecTV after 30 days. How does this work if I owe DirecTV money? The only thing I owe them is the early term fee, and I refuse to pay it. To make a long story short, I moved to a condo, they wouldn't allow the dish (per HOA), and so I had to cancel their service. I could care less if I get DirecTV, but don't want this becoming an issue in the future. Thanks for any info!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-28-2013, 03:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi rbshipes!

Congradulations! I'm not sure how that works, but I do have a question for you. Can you please tell me what training hous NEW offered to you? Thanks a ton!!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Registered WAHM

The hours were horrible, 3pm-12, 4pm-1am, 5pm-2am, and then there were some splits, like 10-2, 8-1, or something like that. Did you accept the position? What schedule did you choose? Training is M-F 10-7 est. The recruiter did tell me that once we get out of training, theres a system we can go into and post a shift and that if someone takes it then they are responsible for that shift and it isnt counted against us, likewise, we can pick up shifts too or trade. I chose the 5p-2a, Mon and Wed off.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via MSN to LeighaMarie Send a message via Yahoo to LeighaMarie

Is it for phone work only or do they offer the chat help as well? I have no0t heard of them before. Where do you see how much they pay? Was the interview over the phone or the computer? Congrats!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Registered WAHM

It is phone work only. It is primarily tech support/troubleshooting, like Tier 1 support, but there could also be billing, customer service, etc. www.newcorp.com, click careers, then home based careers, then full time schedule. Most communication is through email, however, the interview was over the phone. Uhaul and Sitel are also hiring. All phone work, no chat.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Registered WAHM

I have a question. How long does it take to get an interview after you have applied? I applied a few days ago..but haven't heard back yet.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Registered WAHM

It took about a week for me....

HOWEVER, after meeting all the initial requirements for the computer test, now they require an astronomical upload speed, which can only be obtained with download speeds of 10.0 or higher, which, of course, are not available to me!

So that job goes down the drain....
Old 07-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Registered WAHM

Angry Convergys is just like that.

Convergys is like that as well. I was supposed to get free directv service and they told me that my father had a directv account in 2009 which he did and it is in collections. They said I had to pay his bill and then get the service in my name. Who the hell do they think I am. They are crazy. Why should I have to pay for free directv service. That is stupid.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:26 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbshipes View Post
It took about a week for me....

HOWEVER, after meeting all the initial requirements for the computer test, now they require an astronomical upload speed, which can only be obtained with download speeds of 10.0 or higher, which, of course, are not available to me!

So that job goes down the drain....
I've had that problem with several companies. VERY disappointing to get all the way through & then can't get the job because of Internet speed.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Registered WAHM

Well I started today! The recruiter looked at the wrong speed when seeing if I qualified or not, so I did. So far Day 1 is going great!

This ad will disappear if you login