Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Got fired from Lionbridge today, any other jobs like it?

Hello All

I was a lurker on this site a long ago but never never registered since I got a job with Lionbridge right away and didn't need to look for work anymore. Well today, after working with LB for 1.5 years, I got an e-mail saying I have been fired.

I just applied for Leapforce but am pretty such I will not get the job since I believe I read somewhere you can not work for both companies, either previously or currently. Anyone know any truth to that?

So I am looking for a job that falls under the same category, or can venture out to other things. My ideal work times are 10PM-3AM. Not sure what else has popped up in the last 1.5 years as far as work at home jobs go, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Grand WAHM

I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. I've seen a lot of people mentioning MTurk lately, but it doesn't seem to pay that well. There are also lots of other opportunities in this section of the forum too.

Don't get bummed out and best of luck.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:18 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Appen Butler Hill would be another company to try:

Appen Butler Hill

Good luck to you, I hope you find something else soon.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danasurvey View Post
I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. I've seen a lot of people mentioning MTurk lately, but it doesn't seem to pay that well. There are also lots of other opportunities in this section of the forum too.

Don't get bummed out and best of luck.
Thanks. I messed around with MTurk a couple years ago and the pay was crap, so bad it wasn't even worth the time. Has is gotten any better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove View Post
Appen Butler Hill would be another company to try:

Good luck to you, I hope you find something else soon.
Thanks. I did look into Appen and it looks like they have a set M-F schedule and since I already have a full time job this wouldn't work for me.

Looks like LB was about as good as it gets for online work, sucks I lost it.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:09 AM
WAHM Addict

I'm sorry you lost your job . The pay for Mturk has not changed much. It's a good gig for extra money ... But will not help pay the bills. Have you thought about branching out into phone work ? I know American Express hires home workers,but I'm not sure they have a night shift.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm assuming since you already have a full-time job you are looking for supplemental income so mturk could possibly work. If you choose mturk I would click on all the available hits and do only the highest paid hits. I wouldn't do hits under .50 cents. Also try doing surveys. They can add up really quickly.The Workplace like home website offers a list of good paying surveys you can do.... try to connect with the people on there for more information they are a good resource!!

Check the telecommuting forum on here daily. I know sometimes I post jobs on here throughout the week.

Have you thought about chat texting? Do a search on the wahm board there is some good information about those positions. Customer service might be a good solution... Nextrep maybe?

Good Luck,

Blue
Old 03-18-2013, 11:11 AM
WAHM Regular

I just saw a post this morning that says Leapforce is hiring, they are another search evaluation company, check them out. Best of luck (sorry that Lionbridge didn't work out for you).

This ad will disappear if you login