Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Super WAHM

Default Things to do to make money today!!

Some of us are waiting to hear back from the companies we have applied to. So what can we do in the meantime to make some quick cash to tide us over( the bills keep coming, right) ?

I know of a few which I don't really call jobs but they can keep you busy and bring cash within a day to a week ..

1. Microworkers - Similar to MTurk but i think they pay quicker.
2. M Turk- I just signed up for them, not sure how fast they pay
3. Postloop- Posting on forums- - From what I hear they pay very fast - same day sometimes
4. Humanatic- They "hired" me very fast - Here you screen calls for quality control
5. Grab some stuff and sell on Ebay - Really one mans trash is another mans treasure. I made over $100 last week alone with some stuff I just had around the house.

I know there are others that I have missed . Can anyone suggest some more that are pretty easy to get started and will kinda be a help until the real jobs come through?

Thanks so much in advance.

Ann

Last edited by cibermom; 03-13-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Remove survey related discussion, not allowoed in this forum
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Try Fiverr.com. You offer services for $5 and people buy your gig and you net $4 from it. However, it is up to 14 days for payment withdrawl. It is a good egg though for any other time. Take a look at the site and see.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Grand WAHM

A lot of us have multiple "eggs" that we make money from.

Have multiple sources of income is always a good thing!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 PM
WAHM Regular

The best suggestion I have is if you are a pretty good writer to check out the Freelancers forum. Many people need help submitting their articles. Some pay the same day to your Paypal account, others up to 2 weeks. If you get into the habit of a few a day, after a while, you'll have a steady income flow.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:34 AM
WAHM Fanatic

There are tons of ways you can make extra cash from simple tasks and it does add up.

Consider reselling to places that will buy goods automatically if you have what they want. You can sell gently used name brand kids clothes to Thredup.com, used textbooks to buybacktextbooks.com, computer and electronics to Gazelle.com etc.These places pay for you to ship the goods to them.

Check into sites that offer residual income like Squidoo and InfoBarrel. You can potentially write an article for these sites once and earn residual income from affiliate sales etc. for years to come. I personally make a nice bit of money each month from articles I wrote on sites like this years ago.

New technology offers new ways to make money. For example, you can do mini jobs as a field auditor for gigwalk.com where you snap pics to confirm locations and prices. If you find greatly reduced merchandise you can use your smart phone to see what it is selling for on sites like Amazon. If there is a decent profit margin, you can buy it and flip it.

There are many ways to consider...

Last edited by starbirdy66; 03-11-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:59 AM
WAHM Regular

I just read an honest review of Humantic, and the blogger commented their training is inadequate.....that you can easily get marked "wrong" afterwards despite your efforts. This raises a big red flag for me, because my self esteem is JUST as precious to me as every dollar earned......I don't have any other suggestions except 1.) PollBuzzer pays $1 per every polling question you answer, and 2.) searching "temporary jobs" on CL.

I got an immediate response back today from CL.....and I don't mind working temporary jobs outside the home until I'm in training for my other WAHM job. In other words, If a bomb was dropped on my house today (without me inside, lol) and left no internet connection I would certainly ratchet down my pride and work my outside temporary jobs until I could get my equipment and internet connection up and running again - family or no family.

Humantic review: http://pinchincents.com/blog/humantic-review/

Last edited by The_Red_Dragoness; 03-09-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Super WAHM

I agree about Humanatic. I listed that because there are so many people doing it..I figure it must be working for some. I personally haven't done it yet for the reasons you mentioned I felt like the training was woefully inadequate.

LilBlack Dress. Thanks for the suggestion about Gigwalk. I was hoping to get responses like yours that included some things I had never heard of. I appreciate all of your suggestions.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Registered WAHM

I've been doing Humantic for a few days. I'm less than thrilled with it, but I agree with what was said above about sitting at home on the internet anyway. I'm waiting on testing to come back from other companies. I've been using Weegy since yesterday, and I've made more there than on my other eggs but the cash out makes it so I can't really access anything without making a substantial amount more. I can make between 5-10 on mTurk on a good day, but I feel very burnt out on surveys.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:30 AM
WAHM Addict

I have tried and tried to get into Humanatc and can't Oh well, I have enough eggs LOL
Old 03-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Grand WAHM

Send a message via AIM to Amy Jacobs Send a message via Yahoo to Amy Jacobs

sell something on ebay, give plasma, pawn something..to cold for yard sale lol..

Last edited by Amy Jacobs; 03-09-2013 at 11:22 AM.

This ad will disappear if you login