Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default KGB Text Chat Settlement

Did any of you work for this company from 2009 to 2012? If you'll recall, it was kind of a question/answer text chat thing like ChaCha. Anyway, they have been sued and as a result of the settlement, people who worked for them between 2009 and 2012 may have gotten some money bank deposited directly into the bank accounts they used when they worked for the company (KGB paid by direct deposit).

Details on the settlement are here: DOL to recover $1.3 million in back wages from kgb USA | BenefitsPro

But in short, they were working their independent contractors like employees and not paying them above minimum wage. This is why they were sued.

I actually did do a little for them for about one month, but I no longer use the same bank account. If you are in that position and don't use the same account anymore, use this information to find out what to do. This info was taken from the Department of Labor website. People who worked a lot are getting back more than people who worked only a little. I doubt I have received anything at all so have chosen not to pursue it since I just worked one month.

Here is the direct number for back pay and FSLA at DOL 866-487-9243
Hours are M-F 8 AM-8 PM EST.

Last edited by khristal23; 03-02-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Founder of WAH Stars

OMG, I worked almost 2 years with them. I will have to look into this!! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khristal23 View Post
Did any of you work for this company from 2009 to 2012? If you'll recall, it was kind of a question/answer text chat thing like ChaCha. Anyway, they have been sued and as a result of the settlement, people who worked for them between 2009 and 2012 may have gotten some money bank deposited directly into the bank accounts they used when they worked for the company (KGB paid by direct deposit).

Details on the settlement are here: DOL to recover $1.3 million in back wages from kgb USA | BenefitsPro

But in short, they were working their independent contractors like employees and not paying them above minimum wage. This is why they were sued.

I actually did do a little for them for about one month, but I no longer use the same bank account. If you are in that position and don't use the same account anymore, use this information to find out what to do. This info was taken from the Department of Labor website. People who worked a lot are getting back more than people who worked only a little. I doubt I have received anything at all so have chosen not to pursue it since I just worked one month.

Here is the direct number for back pay and FSLA at DOL 866-487-9243
Hours are M-F 8 AM-8 PM EST.

Last edited by KittyMarie; 03-05-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 AM
WAHM Regular

I work for them for a few months and did receive money from the settlement last Thursday.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Founder of WAH Stars

I'm part of the settlement and waiting on a check to come in the mail. They said they already deposited my money and I told them impossible because that account was closed over a year ago.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyMarie View Post
I'm part of the settlement and waiting on a check to come in the mail. They said they already deposited my money and I told them impossible because that account was closed over a year ago.
I worked with them for over a year and put in a lot of hours. My banking info has changed too since then. Who did you contact? Did you ever receive a check?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to mom2gr8monkeys

I just receive a settlement check for it today in the mail with an letter explaining it. I had not even heard about the settlement so I was quite surprised when I read it.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:38 PM
WAHM Regular

I received my check almost 2 weeks ago and had not heard about it before then either. I was worried it was a scam but sure was glad to find out it was legit!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Registered WAHM

Wow, I am glad to have run across this, this explains a lot.

I actually still had maintained (barely) active status with them & discovered an inexplicable deposit from them in my bank account last month, but really didn't think much about it.

This month I was notified that my status had been deactivated effective immediately, and since then have learned that apparently all US workers (what few were still left, anyway) were deactivated.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:16 AM
Payingthebills

I worked for them for 3-4 months.. I think I earned around $130 total over that period of time. I think I was owed like $40 when I finally just gave up with them. Not worth tracking down in my case. I didn't know they weren't around anymore.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:38 AM
WAHM Regular

If you want to call them here is the number for the claims administrators. You can call them anytime M-F between 9 AM and 8 PM EST.

US DOL vs. kgb USA Claims Administrators
1-866-665-8420

I called and they didn't have me listed, but they were friendly and quick. I'd say if you think you might have something coming, it's worth a minute of time to find out.

This ad will disappear if you login