Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Question NexRep vs. Newcorp

Hi all! So after almost 6 months with nothing; I now have two good leads. NexRep and Newcorp (directv). For those of you who work for these companies; how do you like them? How do they compare? W-2 or 1099? Trainings? etc etc. Any info would be helpful. I have my phone interview for Nexrep tomorrow and a phone interview with Newcorp on 3/1. This is the furthest I've gotten in any interview process with the exception of Sutherland. I got that job but had to decline because of the training being 8 weeks.

Thanks!! Have a great day!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Registered WAHM

Default I worked for NEW

I worked for NEW for a couple months. The pay is pretty good, and they do pay on time, every time. They do take taxes out for you, so you aren't 1099 at the end of the year. The training/requirements are pretty intense. I did the part time training which was for 8 wks. I was not able to continue my shift after I completed training because it didn't work for my kids. You have to be on the shift you chose for 3 months before submitting a request to change. I am sure this opportunity is wonderful for some people, but it is VERY intense training!!! I found the job to be somewhat stressful, and I have years of customer service. You may breeze through it, but the job just wasn't for me. Good luck!!! I wish you the very best!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 AM
WAHM Regular

this is my first week (after a week of training) that i am with nexrep.
I am on the the outbound program, which offers 5.00 an hour plus comission.
My training was 8-2, and I got to choose from a set of hours for this week which is where they monitor our calls before becoming certified, after this as long as you commit at least 15 hours a week you can choose when you work.
the only thing is the frist week of training is not paid.
also inbound program is only comission based.

I like that i can set my own hours because i have a 19 month old, so this is perfect. the company is real chill too, but professional and they understand having a child!

hope this helps!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Questions about nexrep

Hi, I have sent Emily an email, and she gave me info on the salon position I was interested in, but she said it is not available until late spring, when is late Spring?
And can anyone give their experience on the outbound calls,
and about how much money do you make as a salon receptionist in a day or a week?

Interested in getting a reply to these questions so I can make a quick decision.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:36 PM
WAHM Regular

I work the oubound program. The pay is $5 an hour plus commission. Commission varies from 2.5%-10% based on how many hours you work (2.5% if you work less than 15 hours, 5% if you work 15-20 hours, 7% for 20+ hours, 10% if you work over 30 hours and sell at least $4000). On a bad week I get around $300 for the week-on a good week I get around $550 for the week. I always work at least 30 hours.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Is it selling

Hi thanks for the response, Doing outbound what are you selling, that sounds like good money, but do you have to be an experienced seller. I would love to make a nice income. Do you have a lot of sales experience?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:01 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the input. I have my nexrep interview in about a half hour. I will let you all know how it goes.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:45 AM
WAHM Regular

In the outbound program I sell womens clothes from a few different catalogs. Basically what I do is call women who have ordered within the last few months and ask them a few questions about their service. I then offer them a discount if they want to order again. We get commission on any orders we place. You do not need to be an experienced seller. I personally had never done this type of job before working with Nexrep.

This ad will disappear if you login