Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Non-phone jobs for moms with babies / toddlers

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best online jobs for moms with newborns or toddlers in the house? I just don't think a phone job will work for me. I am trying to find something I can start doing now, so when my baby is born (June 2013) I can start staying at home from that point on. I will have a newborn and a 4 year old, plus one more in school. Any suggestions? I did apply for Leapforce, but didn't pass the evaluation
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Banned

Looking at your situation, you will need flexibility in your job. If might get hard for you to find time to work without noise. In addition, with newborn and toddler you will definitely need your sleep. So maybe you can try freelance writing job, or affiliate marketing!!
Keep visiting WAHM.com for more exciting job opportunities, as there are some job opportunities, which we even cannot imagine!

Good Luck!!

radha
Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 PM
WAHM Addict

Look in the writing folder . That's probably the best thing for you try. Most writing jobs are very flexible .
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Is there anything in particular that you like doing? Like crafting, networking, or like the other ladies mentioned writing? How about starting your a home business? Try the advertise your business section. There are a lot of great ads there! Good luck with your search
Old 01-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Awesome WAHM

I am a freelance writer and yes it is very flexible. You only need to worry about the deadlines and meeting those deadlines as far as scheduling goes. You can login and out, work when you have the time, etc.

The only thing I would point out about writing is that you would want to get started now and see how it works for you. The reason I say that is because it isn't easy...not by a long shot. It's not the same college writing and there are a lot of demands such as proper SEO usage, being able to write about several niche topics and the willingness to start out on a lower level and work your way up. It can be VERY rewarding, but it isn't something you can jump into and pull in "the big bucks" right away. If you need a supplemental income and can take the steps to make it work and learn the ropes (writing styles, SEO, etc) then go for it. It's been the best choice I ever made.

Other than that, all I can think of is try to find some work on Odesk, Elance, etc that fits with a non-phone criteria. Writing, data entry, proofreading, medical billing/coding, transcription, etc It just depends on what you have experience in.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:25 AM
Grand WAHM

I agree about writing. Those opportunities can be very flexible. You can also write for your own blogs and sites and monetize them with things like Google AdSense.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:11 AM
WAHM Fanatic

There are many things that you can do that you would not need to be on the phone with. Freelance writing is a good choice like many have said. You can also try web design, affiliate marketing, blogging, transcription, and Google Rater.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks Ladies! I have thought about writing. I use to love to write and I have always wanted to start a blog. I work at full time job right now outside my home, but I just don't know that's going to work once the new baby gets here. I always said I wouldn't have any more children until I could stay home with them, and here I am again. Hating working outside the home!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:58 AM
WAHM Regular

I was also going to mention that I have about 10 plus years phone experience, so if it weren't for a newborn, I would be looking along those lines. I just worry that I won't be able to keep my kids quite, especially in the summer time.

I do have some writing and data entry experience. I work for a company that does inside sales, so a lot of my correspondence is through email or the phone. I process all of my orders myself, so all of that plus customer service.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 AM
WAHM Regular

Have you checked out Needle? I believe they are hiring for chat operators.

This ad will disappear if you login