Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
Default Has anyone worked for West@home?

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if there is anyone that is currently working with West@Home? If so, would you mind giving your opinion of the company? I am going through the application process and would like to know how things are with this company. Do they require you to upsell as much as Liveops does? How flexible are the shifts? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tia
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:35 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 16
Default

I have been working with West for about 2 months now. The experience you will have at West depends on the project you are placed on I think. The first project I was placed on was not for me. The training was poor for such a complex client and it was difficult to reach a PAL (supervisor) when I needed help. I resigned from that project and they placed me on a new one which is much better! There is much more help and support from PALs on this project. The training still leaves a little to be desired but this project is pretty easy to pick up once you get started. The scheduling is the best part, you can literally work whenever you want within the hours that the line is open. The requirement on my project is only to work 5 hours per month to stay active but you can work much more than that. There are plenty of hours available and you just select what hours you want and make your own schedule. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:12 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sochrissy View Post
I have been working with West for about 2 months now. The experience you will have at West depends on the project you are placed on I think. The first project I was placed on was not for me. The training was poor for such a complex client and it was difficult to reach a PAL (supervisor) when I needed help. I resigned from that project and they placed me on a new one which is much better! There is much more help and support from PALs on this project. The training still leaves a little to be desired but this project is pretty easy to pick up once you get started. The scheduling is the best part, you can literally work whenever you want within the hours that the line is open. The requirement on my project is only to work 5 hours per month to stay active but you can work much more than that. There are plenty of hours available and you just select what hours you want and make your own schedule. Hope this helps!
Those hours sound sweet! I need something like that. Everything I find the hours are too long without a break.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:58 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16
Default

Hi, I have also been with them for a couple months. The only problem I have is that they only post available schedules a couple days out in advance so it is hard to plan my week. They also do not pay much unless you pick up a shift at the last minute.... I have only been able to make about $50 every 2 weeks because there is not much available for me to work....I have another job too to make more money.

Hope that helps,
Melissa
__________________
Melissa Holt
www.flexmoms.org
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2012, 08:06 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholt View Post
Hi, I have also been with them for a couple months. The only problem I have is that they only post available schedules a couple days out in advance so it is hard to plan my week. They also do not pay much unless you pick up a shift at the last minute.... I have only been able to make about $50 every 2 weeks because there is not much available for me to work....I have another job too to make more money.

Hope that helps,
Melissa
Well shoot! Major bummer,,,,,,
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2012, 08:10 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 37
Default

I just got hired to work for American Express through this company. I hope it works out well. I don't start until Oct 15
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sochrissy View Post
I have been working with West for about 2 months now. The experience you will have at West depends on the project you are placed on I think. The first project I was placed on was not for me. The training was poor for such a complex client and it was difficult to reach a PAL (supervisor) when I needed help. I resigned from that project and they placed me on a new one which is much better! There is much more help and support from PALs on this project. The training still leaves a little to be desired but this project is pretty easy to pick up once you get started. The scheduling is the best part, you can literally work whenever you want within the hours that the line is open. The requirement on my project is only to work 5 hours per month to stay active but you can work much more than that. There are plenty of hours available and you just select what hours you want and make your own schedule. Hope this helps!
I'm in the process of waiting for all my paperwork to get done, but they haven't said anything about what line they have available. If you don't mind me asking, what line didn't work for you and which one are you now? If you want to PM me you can. I just don't want to choose one right off the bat that wouldn't work for me. I've also got a few options at Alpine, but I really like the flexibility at West.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
Default

Thanks for replying Chrissy. It is good to know that you can work whatever hours you want. I need that sort of flexibity. I think the biggest thing that worries me is all of the upsells.

Quote:
mholt

Hi, I have also been with them for a couple months. The only problem I have is that they only post available schedules a couple days out in advance so it is hard to plan my week. They also do not pay much unless you pick up a shift at the last minute.... I have only been able to make about $50 every 2 weeks because there is not much available for me to work....I have another job too to make more money.
That sucks that you only made $50.00 for 2 weeks of work. Has this been your experience Chrissy? I will not even bother if that is all I will make. I need to make way more than that.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2012, 11:21 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 16
Default

No I have not had trouble getting hours. I usually choose to work at least 10 hours per week but the opportunity is there for me to work way more. They also raise the hourly rates alot of times to incent people to work more. The hours are usually posted a week in advance, like today the hours for next week are posted so I usually plan my schedule about a week ahead.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2012, 11:22 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snadams97 View Post
I'm in the process of waiting for all my paperwork to get done, but they haven't said anything about what line they have available. If you don't mind me asking, what line didn't work for you and which one are you now? If you want to PM me you can. I just don't want to choose one right off the bat that wouldn't work for me. I've also got a few options at Alpine, but I really like the flexibility at West.
I will PM you the info.
Reply With Quote
 
This ad will disappear if you login

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off